27.

Had to go back and correct the dates. The year is 2019 y'all. Idk how tf I jumped around from 2018 and 2020. 😮‍💨😭

• •

2 months later...

Sunday | 2:17 p.m.
December 15, 2019

Omniscient "Did you enjoy your lunch cousin?" Cori asked as she and Tahiri sat across the table from Antoinette

Omniscient
"Did you enjoy your lunch cousin?" Cori asked as she and Tahiri sat across the table from Antoinette. They'd treated her to lunch and had just finished up. Instead of sitting inside the restaurant, they decided to sit at one of the tables outdoors for some fresh air. Over the last two months, Antoinette had kept herself locked away in her parents' home fearing that one of these days she'd run into Shiloh.

After her family's funeral brawl had made the news she was sure he'd shoot up her family's home or harass her other family members. Surprisingly everything was quiet over the last two months. However, Antoinette never let her guard down. It was still up. She figured that Shiloh was laying low and was waiting to attack them like he'd done when he'd shot her and Shyanne. She was sure the only reason he hadn't made a move on her family was because the police would immediately look into him after his fight with the family. It had gone viral and was still being talked about from what Cori and Tahiri had told Antoinette.

Over the last two months, she'd found herself sleeping during the day and staying up all night. She constantly walked through the house checking the doors and windows and she'd sit in the living room staring out the window to watch for anything suspicious. By sunrise, her mother or father would find her having finally drifted off to sleep and send her to bed. She'd avoided going outdoors and tried keeping herself busy by finding things to do around her parents' home. Her mother swore she was OCD because Antoinette kept cleaning things that didn't need cleaning, arranging things, etc.

They knew that she was coping with what had happened and constantly needing/wanting something to do was how she did that. She wouldn't talk about that night but everyone around her knew it affected her. Before she'd married Shiloh she used to be such an outdoorsy person but now it seemed she was afraid of the outside world. Tahiri and her younger sister Cori were shocked when they'd asked to take her out and she agreed. Her parents were proud.