2.

The next night...

Monday | 9:49 p.m.
October 3, 2016

Omniscient

Destiny lay in bed dressed in a black thong and black lace bralette, checking to see if Shiloh had texted her back. Unfortunately, her message had been left on read.

She'd met Shiloh at the barbershop he worked at when she'd taken her son to get his hair cut there. For the last two months they'd been fooling around, and although she'd seen him last night, she was hoping that maybe he could slip away and come see her tonight. He'd been sending her to voicemail all day. She didn't want to be one of those women that threatened to go to a man's wife, but she was getting irritated and if she had to threaten him to get her way then so be it. She thought she was dealing with a regular man who worked a regular job, but he was a man who just snapped his fingers, and shit was done.

Upon Antoinette finding out about the secret he'd been keeping, he knew he had to step shit up as a husband now. Before the two had started dating he felt that she was the closest thing to family that he had. If the police ever caught up to him and wanted information on him the first person they'd question and try to put on the stand would be Antoinette. He'd married her to cover his own ass in case that day ever came. With her being his spouse under the marital communication privilege she had the right to refuse to testify against him when it came to confidential things he'd told her. The thing was it was Antoinette's choice on whether or not she'd be willing to take the stand. If she wanted to, Shiloh couldn't object to it because the privilege lied with the witness. He was playing the ideal husband now because he hadn't been that for a year now. With Antoinette knowing the truth about him, he needed her to remain loyal to him.

Destiny smacked her lips and rested her head on her arm, holding her phone close to her chest.

Shiloh had had one-night stands with other women before, but that was all it was. He never dealt with an outside woman more than once to avoid anybody getting too close and knowing his business. When he met women he didn't even give them his real name. For some reason, he'd gotten too comfortable continuing to deal with Destiny.

As she lay there trying to stay awake, she started to drift off. She was only asleep for five minutes when she felt herself being forcefully rolled over onto her back. Her eyes shot open and before anything could be done the weight of the hooded figure on top of her prevented her from escaping. The intruder tightly wrapped his hands around her throat and squeezed. Gasping for air, she reached up and tried to claw at his face underneath the ski mask. However, he was too strong for her. As her eyes rolled in the back of her head and she gasped for air, the intruder started wringing her neck until there was no longer a struggle. Destiny's arms fell limp above her head. She was gone.