26.

Omniscient
Antoinette stood in the kitchen with her cousin Tahiri as she prepared lunch for her and Shyanne. The things on the menu that she was preparing were more on the Thanksgiving feast side rather than a light lunch. Tahiri and Antoinette hadn't seen each other since the night of Antoinette's parents' anniversary party a few years back and when Macy and Antoinette realized it was her pulling up, they let out the biggest sigh of relief. Tahiri knew all about the fake funeral that the family was supposed to attend and how they'd all gather at Richard and Rita's house to see Shyanne and Antoinette afterward but she decided to skip it. She had to see her cousin now.

"Wasn't that woman Shiloh's adoptive mother or some shit? Is she in contact with him now?" Tahiri questioned as she pour herself a drink.

She could remember when they were all teenagers and Antoinette had told her that Shiloh had left his adoptive family. Shiloh and Antoinette's families had been so close back then because of them that they'd invite each other to things sometimes.

Antoinette leaned up against the counter to balance herself. She wasn't supposed to be out of bed and was on a lot of medication but seeing Tahiri was so worth it. How could she have let a man make her distance herself from people who cherished her?

"Tell me something before I assume I have to whoop that bitch in case she thinks about ratting you out. Is she good or what? Wassup?" Tahiri put the bottle down and looked over at Antoinette.

 Is she good or what? Wassup?" Tahiri put the bottle down and looked over at Antoinette

"My mom and dad wouldn't have her here if they didn't trust her. I wouldn't have her here if I didn't trust her. She's been looking after me for years and she's been doing it under Shiloh's nose." Antoinette admitted. "Shiloh thinks she just showed up out of nowhere but I called her."

"What do you mean? Called her when?" Tahiri arched a brow, bringing her drink to her lips. It was then that Antoinette broke everything down to her.

The moment Antoinette started getting what she wanted out of Shiloh after they'd attended her parents' anniversary party, she'd reached out to Macy. Macy was the only one who could tame Shiloh. Antoinette started confiding in her about the abuse, how Shiloh had raped her, and how he was involved in something illegal.