13.

2 days later...

Sunday | 12:09 p.m.
December 11, 2016

Shiloh "Lo" Mackey

Shiloh "Lo" Mackey

"What Shy?" She said from across the room.

I watched in admiration as she paced back and forth with our daughter in her arms. She hadn't even looked in my direction to know I was staring but she knew. Charmaine was out of the way and all was good. At least on that situation. Antoinette was back to being cold to me. I assumed that after the night we'd shared over a week ago that we were slowly working on having something. Something meaningful again. The whole week I'd been home just so she wouldn't have to worry about me going out cheating on her. Flashbacks had been hitting me harder than ever lately and as I remembered how we used to be I wanted to get back to that. At least I hoped we could one day. It was bad enough that I'd been abusive towards her but to turn around and rape her and see how that destroyed her hurt.

She took a seat on the opposite side of the living room with Shyanne in her arms, placing two kisses on her forehead as she cooed.

"Either say what's on your mind or stop staring at me." She said looking up from Shyanne over to me.

"What's going on Ann? You've been cold towards me since that ni—"

"Just disappointed in myself for laying down with you after the things you did to me physically, mentally, and emotionally. I had a moment of weakness but that doesn't mean that everything's fine between us."

"I'm trying to make it right. I'm trying to—"

"We stood in front of my family and said our vows. They think the world of you when I just wish that someone would've stood up and objected. We shouldn't be married and you know it." She said. "I remember stressing over the perfect wedding gown to look beautiful for you. I could've left it in the goddamn closet if I knew we'd be living in unholy matrimony. We came all this way as friends and lovers just to have a shitty marriage."

She was more vocal than ever right now and I couldn't say anything. All I could do was listen and take it in even though it got under my skin.

"If I'm being completely honest leaving me at the alter would've hurt less than this. You shouldn't have married me and I want—"

"You want a divorce?" I arched a brow, getting up from the couch, walking across the living room. I took a seat next to her. She was silent as she looked at me. That seemed to have answered my question but I needed her. I needed her for some selfish reasons but there were some genuine ones. I'd never been able to admit it but she was the reason a lot of things got done and were in order around here. She was a dutiful wife and I'd been unappreciative for a while.

"I want to be happy and I'm not. The materialistic shit has been great but—"

She stopped talking and stood up. "She's falling asleep and I don't want to wake her fussing at you. I'm going to take her upstairs and put her down."