11.

Later that night...

8:33 p.m.

Antoinette "Ann" Mackey

"Ann..." At the sound of Shiloh's voice, I looked up from my notebook and looked in his direction. "I'm about to head out for the night. I have something to take care of. I'll be back in the morning."

I exhaled out of frustration and looked straight ahead, placing my hand underneath my chin.

He'd manipulated me plenty of times, but he wouldn't pull that shit tonight. Taking care of something obviously meant he was about to go spend the night with and fuck some broad. I couldn't keep doing this with Shiloh. I made it my business to burn a hole in his pockets because this asshole owed me for everything he'd done. For every lie he'd told. The thing was though, I still wasn't happy.

All I wanted was for him to love me. I wanted my best friend back. Now that I thought about it, I wasn't sure I wanted him back either because he'd sabotaged my relationship. And for what? To get me and treat me like shit? This didn't make sense to me. I'd never been a woman who could be bought, but I deserved to spend as much as I wanted since he'd gotten me involved with his bullshit. I didn't even have a say in anything. If I'd known he was involved in this illegal bullshit, we wouldn't be together. Hell, we wouldn't even be friends.

"It's not what you're thinking, so don't do that." He said.

"You know I have plans with the girls tonight, and you're gonna run out." I looked back at him. "For what Shiloh? Some pussy? What about me? I have plans, and now I'm gonna have to cancel because you're leaving and someone has to stay home with Shyanne. God. You never let me have anything without turning around and ruining—"

"I said it's not that, so just fucking relax. I know this fucks up your night with the girls, but if you'd let me say what the fuck I have to say you'd—"

"Then say it!" I yelled.

"Look..." He clenched his jaw. "I'm not trying to argue with you tonight, woman. I knew this would upset you, which is why I wanna make it up to you."

"Make it up how?" I frowned.

"I wanna send you and your girls on a trip. Wherever you wanna go, I got you. Just let me know, and you won't have to worry about anything. I can call your parents to come get Shyanne so you don't have to worry about her."

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes, looking straight ahead again. Shyanne was supposed to be with my parents for a week but they ended up bringing her back today because she'd started to wear them out. It wasn't their job to raise my child and I understand that children as young as Shyanne exhausted their grandparents. I wasn't upset that they'd brought her back because I'd planned to put her to bed before heading out so Shiloh wouldn't have to struggle with her. No matter how much I hated him I thought about him enough to at least make the night go smoothly for him. But as always he'd found a way to ruin my plans. Why couldn't he think about me? Why couldn't he look out for me? Fuck!