19.

A week later...

Friday | 6:42 p.m.
September 6, 2019

Omniscient "Girl this lil mini you

Omniscient
"Girl this lil mini you..." Karla burst out laughing as she snapped a photo of Shyanne. The sun setting behind her made it perfect. Shyanne had caught a glimpse of Karla snapping a photo of Antoinette in her car and decided she wanted her picture to be taken too. The three of them had just returned from taking Shyanne to jump at Air U, seeing a movie, and getting a bite to eat.

Antoinette was relieved to see her daughter smile and enjoy her day. She'd been living with Shiloh for so long that she'd gotten used to seeing him every day. Apparently, they'd started some morning routine too. Before Antoinette could get up and start breakfast Shyanne would already be awake and in the kitchen as if she was about to throw down. She didn't know Emil and every time he came near or spoke to her she'd burst out into tears. This was why Antoinette wasn't thrilled about exposing Shyanne to another man yet. Shyanne was young but Shiloh's words the day she was returned to her mother did affect her.

Emil was happy that Antoinette and Shyanne were back together but he was far from happy about Antoinette sleeping with Shiloh. He hadn't said anything during the car ride back to his home a week ago and when he did finally speak he didn't tell Antoinette where they stood romantically. Emil honestly didn't know. He could hardly look at her but he allowed her, Shyanne, and Karla to stay with him until he found them a new place.

Emil's bedroom was upstairs but since everyone was staying with him he decided to sleep in a guest room downstairs to be closer to the front door and keep an eye on everything and everyone. Antoinette, Shyanne, and Karla also slept in a bedroom downstairs. The women could've had separate rooms but after Shiloh had broken into their safe house a year ago they felt safer being in the same room. Emil put them in a spacious bedroom with two full beds so they'd be more comfortable.

"Look, mommy!" Shyanne yelled as she twirled around. Antoinette stepped out of the car and leaned up against it as she and Karla watched her.

"Be careful baby," Antoinette told her.

"I is," Shyanne responded as she continued to twirl like a ballerina. Karla stood shoulder to shoulder next to Antoinette as she handed her her cellphone. Antoinette had asked her to take a picture of her and she was giving it back because she knew she wanted to record Shyanne. She'd been recording everything since Shyanne had been reunited with her. She didn't want to miss another moment of her daughter's life.

"So are we gonna talk about what we were talking about last night or are you gonna keep avoiding it?" Karla questioned.

"Hold on, Shy! Let me get one more picture of you lovebug." Antoinette headed towards her. Shyanne skipped to the front door and stood in front of it. She loved having her picture taken. Standing there like the little diva she was, she held one hand out, careful not to drop the flowers she'd picked for Emil as she stared into the camera.