Slap to the face

__time skip__

It was 11:30 and all the kids had gone home. My shift didn't end for another half hour and I was basically falling asleep at the security desk while sun cleaned up the daycare. I wanted to help him, but he insisted on doing it by himself.

"Sun, you sure you don't need help cleaning?" I ask.

"Yeah, don't worry, Sunshine, I'm fine. I normally do it alone anyways." Sun mumbled the last part, but I heard it clearly.

"What do you mean you do it alone? Doesn't the other worker help you?" I ask.

"Well he's supposed to, but he never does." Sun said.

"Well that's unfair." I said.

"Yup! But it's not like I can force him to do it." Sun said.

Just as I was about to say something, my phone rang. It was my boss.

"Hello?" I said.

"𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨, 𝐘/𝐧. 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 12 𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧." he said.

"okay, thank you, bye." I said.

"𝐁𝐲𝐞!" He said as he hung up.

"Who was that?" Sun asked.

"My boss. I need to leave before the doors close. Bye I guess." I say as I get up and grab my bag.

Sun seemed disappointed to see me go, but waved to me before heading out anyways.

I left through the staff door while avoiding some staff bots not wanting to turn their alarms on.

__time skip__

I arrived home around 12:30 to bill waiting for me in the door way.

"Where have you been?!" He said.

"Shouldn't you be at work?" I said while taking my shoes off.

"Shouldn't you have come home 8 hours ago?!" Bill said.

"Aren't you late for work?" I said while going towards my room.

Bill grabbed my wrist to stop me.

"Why did you come home so late?!" Bill said.

"I was at work, you dumbass!" I said, frustrated with Bill.

Bill slapped my face. He fucking slapped me.

"You have no reason to talk to me that way, Y/n
L/n!" He said.

Bill let go of my wrist and left the house to probably go to work. I stood there, tears running down my face, in silence.

After a while, I went to the bathroom to clean my face. Looking in the mirror, I saw that the spot that bill hit was starting to bruise.

"Fuck. That's going to leave a mark." I said as I splashed water on my face.

I left the bathroom and went into my bedroom and fell asleep almost immediately.

__dream land__

Walking.

That's all I was doing.

Walking.

In circles, I walked.

Until I heard her laugh.

"Missed me? Seems like you did." She said.

"No. I'd rather die than see you." I said.

" I can make that happen, ya know." She said.

"What?" I said.

She laughed.

"Mary, you wouldn't-" I said.

"But she would." I heard the bunny lady say from behind me.

Turning around, I see the rabbit girl.

This time, she put her hand on my shoulder, pulled her knife out and lunged at me.

I wake up. It was 4 in the morning and instead of waking Gregory up, I get dressed and go to the bathroom to cover my bruise with makeup. Then, I wake Gregory up and leave with him.

In the bus, Gregory told me that apparently Bill wasn't happy about the cat and lashed out on him about it. Witch was surprising  because Gregory was Bill's favorite.

"You know, on the bright side, at least this is our last day of work until the weekend." Gregory said.

"Yeah, but that's 48 hours with dealing with Bill." I sighed.

"I said to look on the bright side." Gregory said.

"Gregory, I slept 4 hours yesterday. There is no bright side." I said.

"Right, sorry." He said.

Getting of the bus and going into the pizza plex, Gregory seemed sad. I'd ask him about that later.

__time skip__

It was around 9 in the morning and I was at the security desk taking care of some paperwork that my boss dropped off. They were mostly complaints about sun and moon. Things saying that they were too scary, that it shouldn't be sun and moon to take care of their kids and other boring stupid crap.

"What are you doing, Sunshine?" Sun asked.

"Paperwork, Sunny. Isn't it obvious?" I said in an annoyed tone.

"No. Sorry asked..." Sun said before leaving.

I felt bad for getting angry with him since it wasn't his fault I had a shitty day yesterday. But that wasn't the point. I just wanted to get this day over with.

I spent the rest of the morning responding to complaints and filing paperwork. Witch was boring, but better than playing Marco Polo with the kids.

__time skip__

Sun and I cleaned up rather quickly and I left for the food court before I could pass out. I went to get pizza and an energy drink and went to my usual table to wait for Gregory. Until I got a text from Lina, my other best friend.

𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝?

𝚠𝚑𝚞𝚝?

𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜

𝙻𝚒𝚗𝚊 𝚒𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 2

𝚙𝚕𝚣??

𝚗𝚘

𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎 ;-;

𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎

𝚒 𝚜𝚊𝚠 𝚞 @ 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚓𝚘𝚋 >:)

𝚠𝚑𝚝-

𝚒 𝚜𝚊𝚠 𝚞 @ 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚣𝚣𝚊 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚡

𝚘𝚑 𝚕𝚖𝚊𝚘

"Boo!" I heard someone familiar say from behind me.

Turning around, I saw Lina standing there.

"Miss me?" She said as she gave a hug.

Word count: 920 words.