Lies

__that morning__

Sun's pov:

I was told by the employee, Vanessa, that the pizza Plex was closed for whatever reason and that I shouldn't expect kids to come in. She also told me that since the pizza Plex is closed for today, that night protocols will still be going.

___ earlier ___

Still sun's pov:

I heard someone fall in the ball pit. 'maybe it was Vanessa' I thought. Then I heard two more people fall into the pit. Curious, I popped my head out and I saw three kids. Specifically, Oliver, Zoey and my Sunshine! Jumping down, I exclaimed:

"Ho ho ho! You are sure here early! Lunchtime doesn't end until one'o'clock!"

"Oh! uhm- well the food court is closed!" the boy, Oliver, said.

He lied. Sure, the food court was closed, but they weren't supposed to be here. They were supposed to be at home or something.

"So, what do you kids want to play?" I asked.

"Uhm- actually, I'm going to go hang out in the play structures for a bit." Sunshine said.

They were trying to use an excuse. I could tell. Diverting my attention to the twins, I said:

"Alright! So, what do you two want to play?"

"Uhm- I want to do arts and crafts" said Zoey.

"Oh! Me too!" Said Oliver.

As Y/n left me, Oliver and Zoey left for the arts and crafts table.

"So, how come you three are in the pizza Plex when it's closed?" I asked knowing little kids say more then they are supposed to.

"Oh! Our mom dropped us off and we went inside!" Said Zoey, her brother nodding after what she said.

"And the door wasn't locked?" I said.

"No, it's a bit weird that they hadn't locked it. Even the guard lady thought it was weird." Oliver said.

"Do you mean Vanessa?" I asked, confused, on who else it could be.

"Yeah, her." Said Zoey.

"Lies." I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that Mr. Sun?" Asked asked Zoey.

"I said that maybe we should find your sibling. They've been alone in the play structures for a while." I said.

"Okay!" Said the twins, uncannily in sync.

When we went looking for my Sunshine, I found them in a corner crying.

"Oh my! Sunshine, what's wrong?!" I said.

"My- My mom is dead!" They said crying and sniffling inbetween words.

"What?! Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! Do you have anywhere to stay? Who's coming to get you? Are alone now? Do you need me to comfort you? Should I go get your siblings? Should I tell your siblings?" I asked.

"I- I don't know!" They said, sobbing even more.

"it's okay. It's okay. Let it all out. Let it all out." I said, hugging them and letting the twelve year old cry into my chest.

Then, the lights went out. It was 12:50.

Word count: 491 words.