Chapter Sixteen

Kamila's POV

I invited Zoë and Sarah for dinner which is the reason why Ryan and I are setting up the table in the backyard while Dylan is busy cooking.
He asked us -if pushing Ryan out and carrying me to the backyard can be counted as a form of request- to leave the kitchen as Ryan and I were having a taste of every and anything he left on the counter. Ryan even told him that he should think of it as the reality cooking show -Chopped.

After setting the table, we also arrange the living room since we planned for a movie after dinner.
Ryan got tons of blankets and pillows that I didn't even know I actually had that much in the house, but I guess my love for blankets guaranteed the fact that I bought at most three new blankets  every month.
He made a pretty large fort that we will all be comfortable inside with no problem. The opening was facing the television making the whole thing more comfortable.
Ryan even added few lights around it making it light up beautifully.

Zoë and Sarah arrived just after we finished placing the dishes on the table, Ryan got the door while I went in to get the jug of orange juice

Zoë and Sarah arrived just after we finished placing the dishes on the table, Ryan got the door while I went in to get the jug of orange juice. I guess we are having a none alcoholic evening.
"Hey, best friend." Zoë said as she hugged me, that was when I noticed a mark peaking out of her dress by her collarbone. "Hey. What mark is this?" I asked moving her dress so I could see it well.It looked like stars held together by vine with flowers.
"Sarah marked Zoë." Dylan said. "Is it how all marks look?" I asked looking at the guys. Ryan shook his head as Dylan spoke up. "No, every mates have different mark. No mates ever has the same mark."

We sat by the table and everyone served themselves before we began to eat.
"So what do you want Kami?" Zoë asked. "Dad said there is a light gathering with family and few friends." I told her. "Nope, I am not coming." She said shaking her head sideways.
"Please, I can't deal with the wolves I call family alone." I pleaded. "That doesn't mean you should also throw me into the den filled with all killable individual." She replied quite dramatically.

"Why are you two behaving this way, you said it is a small gathering, firefly. You should be comfortable with them." Dylan said. I shook my head wide eyed.
"Oh, not my family. There are too overbearing. My dad can't go without wishing I did something better with my life. I mean I wanted to become an artist but he said he didn't want me homeless so I chose something else.
My stupid cousin Marissa, who works in my father's law firm will be around me bragging about making my own father proud.
My sister, well, she is just like me but has more backbone than I do and she already put my dad in his lane and only comes around whenever she wants.
Few aunties asking about my relationship status then try to match me with some arrogant idiot. Trust me, a lot always happens.
My mum is the only one that makes everything less crazy and infuriating. "

I don't think I actually breathed through that. "That sounds like a truck load of migraine inducing." Ryan said. "IT IS migraine inducing. So please, everyone on this table is coming with me." I told them.
"Everyone?, I am not good with those kind of people. I might punch one or two." Sarah said. "Be my guest, you can punch as many as you want. Just.....come, don't let me do this alone." I pleaded.