[14]

Hui Jie's POV:
    What was that? I subconsciously touched the place where Lilith's hand was moments before; where her touch still lingered. I feel weird.
   "Hurry up!"
    I jolted back to reality and looked up to see Lilith waiting at the hotel's front steps, tapping her foot impatiently. I brushed aside my thoughts and followed after her.
    "Names?" the receptionist asked, pulling his eyes away from the computer screen.
    "Hui Jie and Lilith," I said.
    An awkward silence ensued as he went back to typing on his keyboard. I instinctively looked around. Was anyone judging me?
    "Floor 24, room 312. Have a nice stay," the receptionist smiled fakely; if I were him I would be tired of my job too.
    I nodded and headed off to the elevator. Just then a notification on my phone sounded. Turning on my phone, I saw that it was a message my teacher had sent in the class group chat: Feel free to explore the hotel or take a rest. We would not be going anywhere today.
    Good. I needed some sleep, the airplane journey was in no way relaxing at all, at least not with the teacher shouting at people to sit down every few minutes. I exhaled deeply, massaging my temples.
    Our footsteps echoed loudly as we trudged through the empty winding hallway. Lilith appeared drained as well.
    "Here," I heard her say, followed by a beep.
    The door swung open once Lilith tapped the entry card, allowing a gust of cold wind to gush out. I rushed in immediately, abandoning my luggage at the door. I sat down on the floor, plopping my heavy bag next to me as I did so.
    The walls were decorated with vines, and tall blue flowers resided in vases, which stood at each corner of the room, as the varnished floor glistened under the setting sun. And most noticeable of all, a majestic bay window, accompanied by its very own built-in seat, that overlooked the hotel's alluring rose garden.
    I heard Lilith clear her throat, and turned to look at her, still dazed by the stunning interior of the room. She slowly raised her fingers, pointing at something behind me. Confused, I spun around.
    Then the realisation hit me.
    There was only one bed.