[6]

Hui Jie's POV:
    I was definitely not at peace. There was a war raging on in my mind.
    I looked up at Lilith, sitting at the other end of the yard. She seemed to be deep in thought. I was too.
    Why would she approve of me being her partner, for a 5-day trip no less? I mean, she hated me enough to push me down that flight of stairs. Honestly, I wanted to forgive her. I really did. But I didn't. I didn't try to talk it out with her; to give our friendship another shot; to forgive her. I simply did not know how to. We just grew apart after that. People thought we hated each other, and I guess I accepted that idea.
    I saw her starting to lift her head, and I pretended to engross myself in my book straight away.
    Oh my god. Why was she staring at me?
    I should not be feeling this way. Why did my chest tighten? Why did my stomach do a flip? I started fiddling with the corner of the book's page. My heart was palpitating.
    Maybe I didn't hate her. Perhaps I should listen to her side of the story first before making any judgments. Is that the right thing to do?
    I panicked.
    No way, I hate her. Yes, I do. How could I ever think of forgiving her? That psycho broke my damn arm.
    I did my usual calm-down ritual (which mainly consisted of screaming internally until my head hurt.)
    I peeked at Lilith again.
    Damn it she's walking towards me.
    What does she want now? Was she hoping to break my other arm?
    I sucked in a breath and readied myself for the approaching storm. . .