[11]

Lilith's POV:
    I was dozing off when I felt something shift beside me minutes later, followed by someone brushing against my arm. Oh my gosh, what was he doing? My eyelids flung open and like lightning, I swung my hand to slap him.
    "Holy— What was that for?"
    I audibly gasped and removed my hand from "his" face, to reveal a grimacing Hui Jie.
    "I am so, so sorry," I panicked. I reached out in an attempt to soothe the pain on her face but retracted my hand promptly. Was I just about to touch her face? Hui Jie hummed in reply, her hand carefully massaging the area where I had just hit her.
    "Go back to sleep," she muttered. She whipped out her phone and continued reading some sort of article. I don't know, I don't read...much. Anyway, Hui Jie's a nerd. Pfft. I rolled over to the side and let the drowsiness take over. I had barely slept last night, since I was engrossed in watching 'Boys over flowers'. I exhaled deeply and felt myself drifting off, like a feather, into a deep slumber...
    I jolted awake when I felt Hui Jie reach across my body.
    "Oh my–" I shouted, before her hand swiftly moved to cover my mouth.
    "Shush, I was just trying to shut the window. Would you like to be blinded?" she scoffed.
    I pried her hand off my face and looked over at the window. Okay, bad idea. The unforgiving, glaring sunlight shone straight into my eyes.
    "Ow ow ow ow ow..." I hissed.
    Hui Jie closed the window entirely, letting out a laugh. That sweet, melodic sound; one which I had not heard in years. I watched, awestruck as her eyes arched into crescents, and her dimples, which felt so familiar yet seemed so foreign to me, appeared in her cheeks.
    Hui Jie cleared her throat, raising one of her eyebrows at me. "What're you looking at?" I almost choked on my saliva when I realised I had been staring for too long.
    "Nothing," I answered nonchalantly.
    Gosh, she was kind of cute.