[12]

Hui Jie's POV:
    I. Touched. Her. Lips. Oh lord, what was I thinking? My heart palpitated furiously as I pretended to scroll on my phone again, trying to make sense of what had just happened. Why was I even being nice to Lilith? No, it couldn't be...
    I shook my head to clear up my foggy mind and snuck a glance at Lilith, who was already wide awake, touching up her makeup while staring concentratedly into a small hand mirror.
    She's so pretty.
    No, stop it Hui Jie, behave.
    I switched to the "Maps" app on my phone. We're almost at the destinated airport now. I leaned back in my seat, enjoying the last glimpses of clouds, and the orange and pink sky before touchdown.

~at the (Thailand) airport~

    A bunch of cheery airport staff greeted us as soon as we entered the terminal. I nodded shyly before looking around to take in my surroundings. The high,  vaulted glass ceilings allowed streams of shimmering, golden sunlight to pour in, illuminating the clean, sleek lobby. The lounge areas were dotted with soft, luxurious cushions, each accompanied by its very own snack cart. Full-length mirrors covered the bottom half of each pillar, with fairy lights dangling across each of them, making everything even more magical.
    "Alright everybody chop chop, the bus will be here any moment," the teacher announced. The class scuttled forwards like a colony of ants, soon swarming the check-out counter.
    "Passport, please," the lady sitting at the counter said, lisping slightly. I turned to open my backpack, rummaging through it and attempting to claw out my passport.
    "I got you," Lilith piped up. She whipped out my passport from her purse swiftly and handed it to the lady.
    "Hey...how did you–" I blurted.
    "You dropped it just now and I just so happened to pick it up. I didn't tell you since I didn't want to cause a hassle in the middle of the queue," she shrugged casually.
    I bit back the urge to tell her off for making me think I had lost my passport.
    At least she helped me, I chided myself, be grateful.
    I muttered a quick "thank you" as I took back my passport, shoving it into the depths of my bag. No way was I going to drop it again.