35

song rec for the day: white love - ateez

ur turn.

i was walking next to sunghoon to go to our spots on the track. he was before me, and i was the last person for the race. that meant i had the longer walk.

we were walking in silence because, what else was there to say? i could've said good luck, but right now? that's a bit too early...

just as i was thinking of what to say, he spoke before me. "are you nervous?" he asked, suddenly making me nervous just by hearing the word.

my hand started to shake anxiously as i tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "me? nervous...? of course not, haha." i chuckled awkwardly.

he raised a brow and before i knew it, we had already arrived at his spot. as i realized this, i stopped for a minute and looked at him, remembering what i wanted to say, "oh um, good luck." i said as i held a thumbs up.

he smiled at me, which made me awkwardly turn around to go to my spot as i didn't know how to react. though, before i could actually start running, he called out my name. "namkyu." he began, making me turn my head in confusion, "...don't be nervous, we'll win the race no matter what." he softly smiled while tilting his head, hands in the pockets of his shorts.

i was a bit stunned. this was not sunghoon-like at all... (this isn't u! 🥺) i kind of lagged so it took me a while to reply, "hah... yeah." i nodded hurriedly, quickly turning around as i started jogging to my spot.

what the hell! why did he just smile at me like that..?

i puffed up my cheeks before blowing the air out, laughing at the engraved image of him in my head. sunghoon smiling like that has gotta be the highlight of my year.

once i was positioned in my spot, i looked back and saw sunghoon. he was nervous again, i could tell, but once the race began, he was fully focused right away.

i didn't get into the proper position just yet because i was last, and because it'd be painful to stay like that for too long, so i stood still while keeping my feet slightly moving.

the whole time, my eyes were on sunghoon, not whoever had the baton. well now it was sunghoon's turn, and he was running fast. he looked totally different when you're on the same track as him compared to when you're watching him from the audience.

it was kinda weird how much i was staring at him because i never payed much attention to him during practice.

but he was really attractive if i'm being honest.

of course he was! but right now, he looked like a literal athlete. well, not that he isn't, but still!

i was completely fan-girling in my head.

and since i put my fan girl thoughts first before the actual race, i hadn't realized that he was saying something as he looked at me. he looked a bit confused but in a really angry way, even to the point he was shaking the baton in his hand.

"why aren't you running?!"

oh, he was already close.

that's when i finally heard my teacher from the crowd who was yelling my name for the past 30 seconds, making me act quickly, receiving the baton.

but since i was busy staring at him, i hadn't gotten into my proper position. sunghoon was so fast and my reaction was so slow.

he would've bumped into me if i hadn't avoided him. i moved swiftly to the side to prevent collision.