24

"hey, let's talk."

he shook his head, too straightforward

"um, about the whole situation... could we talk about it?"

no, too awkward.

"namkyu, we should talk. only if you're okay with that."

he let out a groan and turned around, fingers on his temples. "why am i practicing on how to approach her when i don't even know what to talk about?"

"what will i even say when i confront her?"

sunghoon the grown boy, alone in his room, practicing an apology. he sighed and walked over to his bed, pouncing on  it with his limbs spread out like a starfish.

he wasn't too happy, not with what he saw yesterday.

the fact that she moves on so quickly was just strange to him. was that toxic of him to think about?

jungwon, one of his friend's, approaching his girlfriend out of the blue? or, ex-girlfriend, i should say.

why was he giving her a snack? and why'd she accept it? it was way too sudden and weird.

she doesn't even talk to anyone, why is she suddenly accepting things from random people??

he groaned into his pillow, which turned into what sounded like muffled screams.

"cut it out sunghoon!" he heard his mom yell from outside of his room.

startled, he flipped his body around and stared at the ceiling while hugging his pillow.

why am i thinking so much about what i should do?

i was never this conscious before...

why do i care so much? and why am i afraid of making a slight mistake?

this just doesn't make sense, who am i to think about her feelings when i knew damn well it was going to hurt her in the first place?

"i'm still that same old bastard from before." sunghoon sighed as his eyes got heavier and heavier, "i haven't changed one bit, kyu..."

flashback

"what do you want? why do you keep asking for chocolates, you don't even like sweets that much?" sunghoon's mom started to get irritated by the nagging boy.

"please mom... i just heard they're really good."

his mom stared at the boy suspiciously, "this doesn't go with your diet plan." she crossed her arms, "you already ate unhealthily the whole week last week." she scolded him.

"no mom, i promise i wont. it's just really urgent." sunghoon lied, looking to the side to avoid eye contact.

"sunghoon." his mom said clearly, "don't lie to me."

he stared at his mom in anxiousness, "i-i'm not! it is urgent!!" he tried to convince her.

"what are they for, sunghoon?"

the irritated boy gave up, "namkyu! they're for her, okay? she landed the trick i taught her and i want to give it to her.." he finally confessed, looking down at his shoes.