THREE

instead of gracie dropping me off i decided to sleep over at her house. she finally picked me up 20 minutes later.. i thought she forgot me if i'm being completely honest.

"so how was your date?" she asked, annoyed. i looked at her confused, "what date?" she asked me.

"with jaden."

"that wasn't a date gracie.. it was like a hang out. he just wanted to get to know me. is that a bad thing?" i asked her. she slowly nodded her head. i scoffed, looking out the window.

"just... take me home. and why is it a bad thing i wanna be friends with boys?"

she rolled her eyes, "because thats my thing riles! i'm the boy crazy one. i don't want to see you turn out like me! and yes, i might be a little jealous cause you pulled one of the hottest guys in our grade!"

"what? i.. why do you think i would turn out like you? if jaden doesn't work then i don't know. i might find a girl." i said.

she dropped me off at my house, and sped off. i'm suprised she got jealous of me, usually its the other way around. when i walked through the front door rudy and reese were sitting on the couch.

"how was your date!?" reese asked, and rudy jumped up. "WHAT? you were on a date. no you cant date."

"chill, it wasn't a date. it was a friendly hang out, too see if we wanted to be friends, an-" "or more!!" reese cut me off excited. i rolled my eyes before grabbing a dr pepper and going to my room.

i took a shower, listening to steve lacy. i kept trying to sing along but my phone kept ringing.

"who the hell is calling me?" i asked myself, before getting out of the shower. i wrapped a towel around my body, brushing my hair and doing my skin care.

my phone was still ringing and i picked it up to see jaden was calling. i got dressed and put my hair in a messy bun, i normally do that after showers because of how curly my hair normally is.

when i answered the phone he sighed. i crowed my eyebrows.

"you ok?" i asked him, he nodded, smiling. "yea, it just took you a while to answer and i thought something happened." i smiled.

"well i only took a shower.." i was going to continue but i knew gracie wouldn't want me to tell jaden about our argument.

"riley i know theres more. gracie told me." he said, sighing. i felt bad i didn't tell him the truth but i also felt like he didn't need to know.

"why did gracie tell you? what the hell." i said, opening gracie's contact and texting her.

riley
you told jaden about our
'argument' ??

gracie 🫶🏼
yea, i knew you weren't going to
tell him. and you gotta be honest
if he gon be ur bf.

riley
yea , ur right i wasn't going too
because we will get over this and
talk again soon

"she left me on read! that asshole!" i yelled, even more annoyed at her. "should i go?" he asked me, confused and concerned. i shook my head no.

"no no, you can stay on call. sorry." i said bringing my phone with me as i walked down the stairs.

"yo rudy, how long are you gonna be off for?" i asked him. he took a lot of time off from acting because he said he never got time with his sisters or friends.

"i don't know, madison and chase are about to be here too." he said, my eyes widened. they busted through the door.

"jaden i gotta go." i said immediately hanging up and hiding my phone, going to the kitchen to make a sandwich.