EIGHT

ever since chase talked to me and gracie about rudy, i finally decided to confront him. i walked out of my room, and walked up to his door. taking a deep breath and then knocking.

"come in" he said, i walked in and saw him laying on his bed staring at the ceiling.

"you okay bro? i heard your like ghosting everybody." i said in a soft tone, walking to sit next to him on the bed. he sighed, before grabbing his phone and looking st his notifications.

"rudy, whats going on? im your sister, your supposed to tell me. especially with mom and dad being gone." i reassured him it was going to be okay, but instead he just pulled up messages before showing them to me. why does nobody just tell me anymore? everyone just shows me now.

manager
Hey Rudy! You got casted for
s2 of The Summer I Turned Pretty!
rudy
Oh sweet, when does filming start?

manager
Next week, in Wilmington, North Caroline.
filming will take around 2 months.

rudy
Oh, okay cool! Thank you.

"your gonna be gone for 2 months?" i said, tears filling my eyes. i can't lose my brother again. he was always gone for table reads, or filming for other shows.

yes it wasn't a super long time, but me and rudy are bestfriends. we never do anything alone.

"yea, im sorry riley." rudy said, him also starting to cry. he hugged me, both of us holding on like it is the last time.

"look i dont care how depressed and shit you are over this, because yea this is hella sad but you gotta stop ghosting everone." i said, pulling away from the hug.

he nodded, and walked out his room. he grabbed his keys, so im hoping hes going to drive to chases house to apologize. i couldn't help but sob, i don't want rudy to go.

i heard knocking on my window, and i yelled its unlocked. i heard someone come in, i wasn't paying attention. only holding my knees to my face.

"riles? are you crying?" i knew it was jaden, just hearing his voice. i felt him sit next to me, wrapping an arm around me.

"rudys leaving again." i started to break down, hugging jaden. i was embarrassed to be breaking down like this infront of him.

"im so sorry riley. im sure time will go by fast." he said, in a soft reassuring tone. he picked me up, setting me in his lap, and wrapping his arms around me.

i felt safe in his arms, like he was protecting me but there was nothing to protect me from. i started to fall asleep in his arms.

"j, im tired." i said in a raspy voice due to crying, and rubbing my eyes.

"do you want me to stay? or do you want some privacy?" he asked, letting me go, and plugging my phone in.

"can you stay please?" i asked, still rubbing my eyes and grabbing a makeup wipe i had on my nightstand. rubbing the running mascara off my face. jaden laid down, pulling me into him.

"don't forget, if you need a place to stay you are always welcome to stay with me. night riley." he said, giving me a forehead kiss.

"night jade."

@rudypankow has posted!

liked by: @chasestokes, @onwardwanna, @exposingcelebs_, and 3

liked by: @chasestokes, @onwardwanna, @exposingcelebs_, and 3.4 million more
@rudypankow: young love, weirdos @onwardjdub @rilestiles

@onwardwanna: i ship
^^ @madisonbailey: i ship you with reese
^^ @reesepieces: what

@troysanti: ew

@exposingcelebs_: jaden walton and riley pankow dating ?? 👀
^^ @jaylawaltonofficial: they are just friends!!