ELEVEN

i sat on jayla's bed, my stuff on her floor. jess kept checking on me, making sure i was okay. dj was off at the gym, and jaden was at practice. which left me, javon and jayla home alone, with daelo.

"daelo is playing fortnite, and javon is live so we can do whatever." jayla said, walking into her room. we haven't talked in a while.

"did you ever get that girls snapchat?" i asked, remembering the girls insta she got at the mall.

"actually yea, she super nice. her names willow, shes a junior." she said, with a smile on her face. i cheered for her, like the proud bestfriend i am.

"speaking of my love life, whats going on with you and jaden?" jayla spoke up again, taking a sip of her drink.

"i dont know, me and javon figured out he liked me. i guess you could say were bestfriends? i never really thought about it like that." i said, fidgeting with my fingers.

"well, do you get like a tingly, butterfly feeling around him? like you get all excited, when he calls your name and shit?" she asked, sitting up.

"yea, i guess so."

"do you feel safe around him, like he could protect you from anything? does your heart beat accelerate, and your palms go sweaty?"

"yep."

"riles, you don't like jaden. you love him." jayla said, putting her remote down after picking something out to watch on netflix, victorious.

"what- what do i do now?" i asked confused, i never really thought about my feelings towards jaden. she shrugged her shoulders, before saying

"your gonna have to tell him riley. theres no way in hell he doesn't like you back." she said, rubbing my shoulder.

"we just met though" i responded with. maybe i should confess, shit, but what if it ruins our friendship? im such an overthinker.

"just" she sighed, "do it whenever your ready to. don't overthink it okay?" i nodded, jayla showing me the guest room, and helping me bring me things into it.

"get some sleep love, then let me know your thoughts tomorrow?" she said, embracing me in a hug. i nodded again, hugging her back.

i drove home, and laid in bed. yet again, overthinking. their has to be someone prettier, theres no way the jaden walton could like me. gracie is always talking about how girls at their school say him and javon are the most attractive.

girls have to be like head over heels for him. like in love with the twins, there has to be someone else. but what if i want to be that someone else?

the person he calls beautiful, and the girl he facetimes all night. the girl he calls sweet nothings, and takes on dates. i wanna be her.

maybe jayla is right, maybe i am in love with him. like love at first sight? i don't know. maybe its just best if i get sleep, and talk to jayla tomorrow.

after i was out of my thoughts, i changed into sweats and a cropped tank top.

i went on my phone for a bit, ignoring the sounds coming from outside my door. scrolling on tiktok, all i saw was 'this is your sign' type of tiktoks. saying like the boy with burnette hair loves you, please tell me i'm not the only one that gets there right now.

i kept scrolling on tiktok. soon falling asleep, remembering what jayla told me.