THIRTEEN

"what do i wear?" i asked madison, she was an expert when it came to clothes so i asked her to help me pick out an outfit for my date. jaden hasn't told me what were doing but he said casual and comfy.

"you could do jean shorts and a crop?" she said, looking through my closet. reese was straightening my hair.

"i'm so excited for you!" she said, i smiled, "i bet you wish javon asked you out." i could tell her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

"what? no no no." she said, denying it. i knew she liked javon even if she didn't admit it. "ya know you could always ask him out and it could be a double date!" i said, "ew no, that would be weird." me and madison laughed.

she grabbed a few outfits, setting them on my bed, adding accessories and a pair of shoes. "okay, we have jeans and a crop, leggings and an oversized t, black sweat shorts and an oversized shirt, or ripped jeans and a oversized shirt." she said, before thinking about shoes.

"leggings and oversized t, only because that speaks me. and it's my style." i said, leaning over to pick up the outfit. she paired the outfit with brown converse.

once reese was done with my hair, i got changed and did my makeup. i never liked the heavy makeup looks, never looked good on me. so i usually do mascara, highlighter and lip gloss.

"has he even gave you any hints on what your gonna do?" reese asked, confused. i shook my head, "no, but it can't be like a fancy resturant because im dressed comfy." i never cared for the fancy resturant dates people in the movies had.

jay <3
i'm gonna be at urs in
a few min, b ready!

riley
okay! c you soon

"he just texted he's about to be here." i said, excited.

"you better be happy rudy isn't here to witness this. he would be pissed." madison said, walking down the stairs so we could wait for jaden.

"i think he's here." madison said, looking through at the window to see a truck pull into the driveway. when he got out he was wearing olive green cargo pants, and white t with dark green lettering.

reese didn't let jaden get halfway to the door before opening it. "she's all yours jaden!" reese said, i gave her a strange look. madison and reese pushed me out the door, not even saying bye and closing the door.

"you look pretty." he said, grabbing my hand and leading me to the car, opening the car door for me and closing it.

"considering you play baseball i thought you would of been able to run faster." i said joking, he gasped, putting his hand to his heart. "i'm offended!" he said. we both laughed. "you look good too j." i said, smiling.

———

he held my hand, walking into the movie theater.

"hi, can i get two tickets for the blackphone at 7:30." he said, pulling out his wallet.

"j i can pay for mine." i said, he cut me off, "im not letting you pay riley, my treat." he smiled paying for the tickets. the sweet lady handed us two tickets, before sending us a smile.

neither of us wanted anything to eat, and decided to just get food after. we walked to our seats, they were in the back but in the middle. the only thing jaden doesn't really know about me is sometimes i tend to jump during scary movies.

———
blackphone spoilers!

jesus what the fuck? i busted out laughing, forgetting we were in a movie theater.

"dude shut up." jaden said, also laughing.

———

as i watched gwen bike down the road, finding the grabber's house there was a jumpscare. leading me to jump, bad. jaden put his hand on my shoulder, calming me down.

"you okay?" he asked. i nodded softly, sending him a smile. he grabbed ahold of my hand, rubbing it with his thumb.

i was super proud of gwen for solving the mystery of where finney was. i was cheering her on from where i was sitting, quietly of course.

their reunion had me crying tears of joy, it was so cute seeing them back together. 

we talked about the movie the whole way to my house, he even got annoyed when i mentioned vance was super cute. he pulled into my driveway.

"thanks for tonight j." i said, looking at him before giving him a kiss on the cheek. i blushed a bit, and he smiled. "of course riles." he said unlocking the car doors, i got out and went inside my house.

j speaks
im so sorry i took so long to post!!