40. banquet part two*

DAKOTA

The night has been perfect.

All of my favorite boys won awards for their efforts this season, and they only got mildly annoyed when I made them pose for a bunch of pictures. Don't judge, I want to frame them.

When the DJ announced he'd only be playing two more songs, Brooks was quick to request that the last one was 'Fearless' by the one and only Taylor Swift. He yanked Ellie and me to the middle of the dance floor and we danced like nobody was watching.

As we all head out, Parker's jacket is draped over my shoulders, and both arms are hugging one of his. "I think tonight was my favorite banquet yet."

"Was it because of our little dance party?" Brooks smiles over at me.

"Absolutely," I laugh. "It had nothing to do with the fact that you all won something for the first time, or when El and I found nice girlfriends to talk to, or when my boyfriend got jealous watching me dance with Miles."

"I was not jealous," he grumbles. "Only mildly annoyed that he was hogging you."

Everyone laughs loudly, getting into their respective vehicles. Parker opens the passenger door and rests a hand on the small of my back 'helping' me climb in. When I'm situated, he closes it and turns to the other car. His voice is muffled by the glass, but I hear him tell everyone that we'll see them tomorrow.

When he gets in, I turn to face him. "I thought we were all going back to yours?"

He says nothing, placing a light kiss on my lips and throwing the car in drive.

~

My jaw drops when we pull up to a nice hotel. "Park..."

"Figured we could use some privacy tonight," he shrugs. "Happy valentines day, love."

My surprise only heightens when he parks and pulls out a small duffle bag of my essentials, all thanks to Ellie. I don't really even want to know what she might have put in there.

Even though this place is fancy, we get a few curious looks as we walk through the lobby, still dressed up from the night. I stand back as Parker checks us in, not wanting to accidentally hear how much he's spending on this whole thing, and he guides me to the elevators when he's done.

It all happens quicker than I can keep up with. We step inside, he hits the button for the thirty-fifth floor, drops our bags, and is on me before the doors even finish closing.

While his mouth attacks mine, he uses a big hand to pull one of my legs around his waist, squeezing at the flesh of my thigh. His mouth pulls away from mine with an audible pop and his eyes bore into mine as that hand slides further and further up, until his fingers finally graze against my exposed core, causing me to let out a strangled breath.

He smirks, pulling his hand back just as the doors open. "Mystery solved."

I watch, jaw on the floor, when he simply picks up our stuff and starts walking down the hall. I only realize I haven't moved an inch when he turns back, urging me forward with a nod of his head.

Rushing forward, I take the key out of his hand and lightly slap his shoulder. "I hate you."

He laughs loudly behind me as I unlock the door, but reaches around me and pushes it open. My boy is a gentleman most of the time.

I go straight to the bathroom, excited to pull off my heels and possibly force Parker to rub my sore feet. While I'm sitting on the toilet seat, he comes walking in, having already taken off his shoes and now working on the top buttons of his dress shirt. My heart rate picks up when he gets on his knees in front of me.

Get PuckedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara