9. Perfect

If you hate cheesy romance and the mate shit then toodles. ♥️

Everleigh Dolan

I woke up, half nervous because I actually wanted to wake him up.

I got ready, having enough time before sunrise.

I brushed my teeth and put on light blue Jean shorts because I showered and shaved last night. I paired it with a white tee and my hair was up in a messy bun. My personal favorite style.

I put on chapstick and my socks with vans before climbing through the window, a forbidden feeling.

I saw him shirtless, pillow over his face, sprawled on his bed and my heart jumped as his breathing was easy and muscles relaxed.

I moved the pillow and touched the side of his face, not knowing what kind of morning person he was.

I heard a groan before he reached for me.

"Get up please. Hurry the sun is coming up." I said and he opened his eyes.

"Fuck." He rubbed his eyes and got out of bed, going somewhere and in two minutes he returned.

"Morning breath." He squinted.

"Come on." I said and he 'shh'ed me and brought me to the attic again and onto the roof.

"Don't go far please." He mumbled and I nodded.

I sat between his legs myself and he seemed surprised I chose to do that.

I looked at the sun as the cool air hit me.

I felt his nose in the crook of my neck and I was suddenly nervous I couldn't smell him like I usually could. The wind was blowing his smell back.

God I hated being able to smell him like I'm a damn dog. It felt unnatural for a human to be like this.

"Hey what's with your heart?" He asked quietly and I didn't know what to say.

"Wind?" He asked and moved one of his arms around me, putting his hand on my cheek. I inhaled and his wrist was near me.

I suddenly felt myself calm down and he chuckled, pressing his lips to a place behind my ear.

"I've been wondering lately if you taste as good as you smell." He mumbled and my body coated itself with goosebumps.

"I'm not sure." Was all I could say.

I felt warmth swarm through my body as an open kiss was placed on my neck. His tongue moved along my skin and I leaned into him like my body had no choice but to.

"One day I'll leave a bunch of hickeys behind. You're skin is so soft." He moved his hand from my face and I didn't like it.

I grabbed his hand and pushed it back onto my cheek, inhaling.

"You're starting to need me more." He chuckled.

"It's not funny." I mumbled.

"You're right, it's amazing." He fixed and butterflies swarmed my insides.

I stood and he grabbed my hands but I sat down in front of him, facing him.

"The winds screwing with me." I mumbled and he nodded, pulling me into him and I was against his neck.

The most insane feeling happened when I inhaled, my chest spread warmth through my body and my heart buzzed.

"There you go. Now your hearts racing for the right reason." He joked and I wrapped my arms around his neck, not caring as everything about him suffocated me in the most freeing way.

"I told you we can't be just friends." He mumbled.

"We had a chance then." I whispered.

A phone began buzzing and he answered, arm still holding onto me.

"Okay we'll be down." He hung up.

"Mom wants you and I to go eat breakfast." He said and I nodded.

He pulled me in for another hug and kissed my neck making me whimper.

"I love that sound. Now go downstairs and I'll meet you there, I have to get dressed." He said and I nodded.

-

"My first makes me sleep." He said and I smiled.

He curled one of my hairs around his finger.

"You'll have to teach me how to work with curly hair one day. Yours is to stunning to fuck up." He looked at me and my breath caught.

He called you stunning.

"What?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No I just had a weird uhm thought." I looked at him.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"It didn't seem like mine but it was." I mumbled.

"Mate conscious." He smirked.

"Oh... okay then." I nodded and he pulled me to him.

I inhaled, savoring the smell of him that overpowered the rest of the teens in this school.

"Bye my girl." He kissed my forehead and I internally screamed.

-

"I need your number." A voice said and I looked up seeing Roman sit down in front of me.

"Why?" I asked.

"It would make lunch a ton easier." He handed me another lunchable and I smiled.

"I feel bad for taking you from your friends." I looked at a large group.

"Honestly I know none of their names except Dallas and occasionally I remember Mandy exists. I'd rather spend my time with you." He shivered like he was disgusted.

I made the pizzas and ate them happily.

"I watched you eat the crunch a while ago and I figured you'd like this." He pulled out a pack of the Ghirardelli's flat square chocolates filled with caramel.

I pouted because the gesture was so kind.

"If you don't like it-"

"You did perfect." I smiled and he sighed.

"Next time you stick out your lip like that I'm gonna bite it off." He said and I laughed.

"You wouldn't have anything to kiss." I shrugged.

For the first time, I render Roman James to be speechless.

"You'd let that happen?" He asked.

"...didn't we go over the mate thing? Before you said you refuse to be friends or alone?" I asked.

"Yea but hearing you say that makes it different." He said and I laughed.

"Not really."