Chapter 33: Four months

Trigger warning: in this chapter curse words will be used. Read at your own risk.

Four months later...

Nathan p.o.v

I was watching the news when my little boy waddled his way to me. He had some cute yellow overalls on with a pastel pink shirt under it. I had asked him if he really wanted to go for that color combo because I had my doubts, but my boy was sure of his case. 

"Daddy?" Max's sweet voice sounded through the living room. 

"Yes, my sweet prince," I responded. I patted my lap as in invite for him to sit on it. 

He climbed on the couch and wiggled his but on my lap. "What is my little duck up to?" I hummed. 

Max giggled and I gave him a kiss on his forehead. "Daddy? When are we going to see Rose?" 

I sighed. I knew he missed her, we all missed her. Rose was still in the hospital in a coma. It broke my heart to see her every time laying there on a bed so small, tiny, and fragile, but it did the opposite to Max. He believed if we would visit regularly Rose would know she wasn't alone. 

Max was convinced Rose would wake up sooner if we visited more often. So, once a week we would go, once a week Ellis and Anna would go, and once we all would go. 

It was exhausting but it brought peace to all of them. 

We didn't hear much from Derek. Ellis went to check on him a few times, I did too. He was a mess. 

I didn't feel sorry for him. If there was someone to blame it was him. Of course, Rose's father had a fair share of causing this horrible situation we were in. He was luckily put away, locked in some prison far away from her. We made sure he could never see his only daughter again. 

He is paying his price right now. 

Derek, I didn't know if this was the punishment that was fair to him, but I think it's fair to say that he was paying the price for his stupid actions as well. 

Luckily he had Stella and Jack that tried to keep him somewhat together. I was grateful for that. I knew he still worked whenever he could and worked out from time to time. 

Maybe we should pay him a visit too. 

"How about we are going for a trip today? Visit Rose first and see how Uncle Derek is doing. What do you think?" 

Max clapped his hands and cheered. "So that's a yes?" 

"Yes! Yes! Yes, Daddy!" Max cheered further on. 

"Do you want to put on some different clothes for Rose?" I tried. 

"But what is wrong with my clothes Daddy?" His big, innocent eyes looked at me questioning what was wrong. Not understanding how his questionable fashions choices were indeed questionable.

I laughed, "Nothing baby boy, there is nothing wrong with it." I kissed his head and patted his back. "Now, let's get ready." 

Within ten minutes we were all set and headed our way to the hospital. Max had made a drawing for Rose that he had brought with him. 

When we entered the hospital room the first thing he did was hang his art piece up, together with his other drawings and cards. Anna had made some as well.  

The flowers, the stuffies, and drawings we took with us every time we went to visit her made the room more bearable to be in. It was easier to breathe in, easier to stay next to her.