Chapter 24: Kamen Rider Nigo/Ms. Marvel

(Civil Warrior's victory is short-lived because Quan Chi finished chanting the spell and the soldiers got absorbed in the newly created Soulnado, which reaches into the heavens. Then Kamen Rider Nigo and Ms. Marvel come in and address the trio.)

Nigo: Go! Your souls are not safe!

(The trio takes advice and leave.)

Quan Chi: Earthrealm's fate is sealed, heroes.

Nigo: Not yet! We fight until the end!

(They fight. Kamen Rider Nigo's protection from Quan Chi's magic and his own rider powers give him equal footing in the battle with the Netherrealm sorcerer, and his fighting ability gives him the edge needed to defeat him. After an intense fight, Kamen Rider Nigo beats Quan Chi to the ground.)

Nigo: Your time is over.

(Then HYDRA Supreme gets up and tries to prevent Kamen Rider Nigo from finishing Quan Chi, but Ms. Marvel strikes with a right cross to Whitley's face. Whitley fights back, only to get a backfist blocked and take a left hook to the kidney. Ms. Marvel goes on the offensive, but Whitley counters a downward punch, twists Kamala's arm and strikes her in the chest with his shield. Ms. Marvel growls in anger and charges in, lands a solid punch across Whitley's face and punches him into the Soulnado.)

(Kamen Rider Nigo then jumps.)

Nigo: RIDER KICK!

(Then Kamen Rider Nigo kicks Quan Chi across the chest and the sorcerer explodes, resulting in his death. As for HYDRA Supreme, he is sucked into the Soulnado. As he is pulled into the heavens, the Soulnado turns from glowing green to yellow. Then a green wall surrounds the duo, protecting them as the Soulnado gathers itself into a giant portal and explodes outward. The duo is thrown from their feet as the shockwave travels across the cemetary, destroying everything in the immediate radius. Kamen Rider Nigo and Ms. Marvel, however, are unharmed and sit up before setting their sights on Green Lantern.)

Ms. Marvel: Thank you, Green Lantern.

(Back at the temple, the Forces of Light are in the midst of a discussion)

Nightwing: There are possibilities of a future. But not even a god knows the future itself.

Batman: Think I don't know? Whatever happened where this evil Superman came from was supposed to happen here as well?

Superman: I'm actually worried about Lois and Jonathan. I better check if they're okay.

(Then Superman storms off, leaving the rest of the heroes.)

Cassie: If my father was here, his head would hurt just by thinking about it.

Ruby: This isn't helpful. We cannot second guess our decisions. Raiden, what are your thoughts?

(Raiden is unresponsive.)

Ruby: Raiden?

(He suddenly reacts.)

Raiden: Yes, that is best.

C. Warrior: What is our next step?

Shimizu: Takeshi. Kamala.

(Then they see Kamen Rider Nigo and Ms. Marvel coming along with Green Lantern.)

G. Lantern: The Soulnado was destroyed.

Batman: Then we just need to worry about the other Superman and Shinnok.

Raiden: Shinnok...

Luke: What now? Standing around here won't do us any good.