Chapter 20: New Enemies Arise

(At Outworld, the news spread about the fall of Union. Shao Kahn is seen sitting at his throne while his servants kneel before him.)

Shao Kahn: So those weaklings of Union fell. (laughs) They just made my job too easy. (grabs a skull) They are no different than the elder gods. They masquerade as dragons, but in the end... (crushes the skull) they're just toothless worms. Now arise, my servants. Our time has come.

(Meanwhile in Netherrealm, Shinnok is seen with his inner circle.)

Quan Chi: Bad news, Lord Shinnok. The One Being was sealed away... forever...

Shinnok: So it looks like the elder gods decided to interfere with the Union's transgression.

Quan Chi: Yes...

Shinnok: We'll make sure each universe kneels before me, no exceptions.

????: You can start by joining us.

(Then a parallel Superman comes in, wearing a white uniform with a sci-fi shaped "S" in his chest.)

Quan Chi: Superman?

B. Superman: Not YOUR Superman. (then his allies come in) I am from an alternate universe, where I pacified the Earth by any necessary means.

O. E. W. W.: We are known as the Regime League.

(Shinnok smirks.)

Shinnok: Quan Chi, bring our new servants.

Quan Chi: Yes, sir.

(Quan Chi clenches his fist, teleporting Summer Rose and Wolf-Spider.)

Wolf-Spider: Who are these guys, Lord Shinnok?

Shinnok: They're known as the Regime League, a parallel version of the Justice League.

Summer: Yes, I heard about the Justice League. They helped the Special Forces to bring down Union.

B. Superman: So the Union has finally fallen, huh?

Shinnok: They were foolish enough to think they could arrange a tournament and get away with it.

Summer: What of Ruby?

Wolf-Spider: I heard that she joined the Special Forces, just like Marinette, who is now dating someone named Ryo Shimizu.

O. E. B. A.: So he is one of those we must eliminate if we want to pacify this universe...

Summer: Count on us. I can't wait to punish Ruby for her treachery.

Wolf-Spider: Same about Marinette.

(Then the Circle of Shinnok and the Regime League approach each other, and then Brainiac Superman teleports everyone to the Outworld, where Shao Kahn and his group are waiting for them.)

Shao Kahn: Took you long enough.

Shinnok: I had a talk with my unexpected guests.

B. Superman: Which are us.

Shao Kahn: I see...

Sindel: How are we going to invade their world?

Quan Chi: That's simple, empress. Just like your death prevented Shao Kahn from invading Earthrealm... (Summer Rose comes in) Summer Rose's death prevented those puny Union kombatants from invading it.

Sindel: I suppose the reasons were the same as I led my people to believe I died for...

Quan Chi: Exactly. She realized the safeguards afforded by the Elder Gods are nothing but fiction. She sacrificed herself to give Earthrealm protection the Elder Gods couldn't.

Mileena: Which prevented the Earthrealm from suffering the same fate as Remnant.

Shao Kahn: Indeed.

B. Superman: Now the Union is out of the way, and the barrier is broken, it's our turn to finish what they started.

O. E. W. W.: And once we're done, their Earth will finally be at peace.

B. Superman: Indeed. (to Black Adam) Black Adam, warn the troops. I want everyone ready for the invasion.

O. E. B. A.: Yes sir.

(Then the villains leave, except for Quan Chi and Noob Saibot.)

Quan Chi: Now the new battle will begin!

(Quan Chi smirks as the screen fades out.)

(Season 2 Ends)