Chapter 15.2

-Faith pov (earlier)

Me: Deucalion

I said as he stepped onto the elevator where Scott and I were. Scott interlocked our hands and pulled me behind him, to protect me. He let go of my hand and took out his claws, ready just in case he had to fight.

Deucalion: Come on, Scott, put those away. I'd have to be blind, deaf, and quadriplegic for you to be an actual threat.  Or maybe you should take a chance. Your heartbeat's steady. You might be afraid of me, but you're controlling it. Maybe you'd actually rise to the occasion, become an Alpha by killing one.

Scott: I'm not like you. I don't have to kill people.

Deucalion: Hm. Not yet. But situations come about, situations where you realize the only way to protect one person is to kill another. Just like your father did Faith.

Me; You knew my father. So, what did he do to piss you off? Did he kick your puppy or something?

Scott pulled me back

Scott: You wanna threaten us? Is that why you're here?

Deucalion: No. I live here.

He said ignoring my previous question

Scott and me: What?

Deucalion: I live here. It's a great building. And the neighbors are surprisingly friendly.

Me: What do you want?

Deucalion: I want to see what you're made of. Both of you.

The elevator doors opened and came in residents that lived in the building. As they came in Scott pulled me out of the elevator and headed to drop me off in my house,

Me: Thanks for the ride.

Scott: No problem.

Me: Promise me something.

Scott: Anything.

Me: Don't go after deucalion alone please, I don't want you to get hurt.

Scott: I wont get hurt.

Me: Scott, just promise me you wont die. I have lost a lot of people that were close to me.

Scott: I promise, ok.

Me: Ok goodnight.

I smiled and I gave him a kiss on his cheek and went inside.

(present)

I was snuggling in my seat hugging my knees, I was still upset about derek. I was falling asleep when Coach started yelling again. I felt like it was his 100th time  blowing that whistle and yelling at Jered.

Coach: Two of you, back in your seats.

He pointed at two students in the back

Coach: Jared, again, car sick? Every time... how do you even get on the bus? Look at me. No, don't look at me. Look at the horizon. Keep your eyes... (Jerek groaned) keep your eyes on the horizon. (Jered joined coach) McCall, not you too.