Chapter 7

-No one pov

Hope: I'm no stranger to death, but that doesn't mean I want to talk about it. Once a year for Remembrance Day, we're asked to write letters to our lost loved ones. We sign our names, fold them up, and scatter them throughout the cemetery. I usually don't see the point in it. Why write to the dead? I'd rather not think about it at all. Except lately... Death keeps knocking on my door.

-Faith pov

Me, Rafael, and Hope were walking when we see someone coming into the school.

Rafael: Cassie?

Cassie: Raf.

Hope: Cassie?

Me: Isn't that your...?

Rafael: My girlfriend.

Rafael then ran and hugged Cassie.

-No one pov

(Dr. Saltsman)

Dr. Saltsman stabbed the necromancer with an butcher knife.

Necromancer: Was that really necessary?

Dr. Saltsman: I told you I need answers.

Necromancer: Why would I help you? You have me in chains. This indignity will not go unpunished.

Dr. Saltsman: We have been at this for days. Answer my questions, or I'm gonna peel your skin off like a grape and shower
you with battery acid.

Necromancer: A rather grotesque effort,

He says taking out the knife

Necromancer: Considering it will feel like the delicate tickle of a feather.

Dr.Saltsman: All right. Let's see how this feels.

Faith and Hope enter

Faith: Dr. Saltzman.

Necromancer: Oh, there you are, lovely girls. I was wondering if you'd come visit me again. How's your friend, the one I saw you with earlier, trying to steal an illicit peek at me?

Hope: As we speak, he's having
an emotional reunion with his dead girlfriend.

Faith: I assume we have you to thank?

Necromancer: Poor dear. Her spirit was clinging to him like a vine in winter. It took barely any effort. Just a little wrinkle of the nose, and poof. Young love reborn. You're lucky that's all I did. The way you've treated a man of my stature, you should be ashamed.

Dr. Saltsman walks out of the cell

Dr.Saltsman: Literally nobody knows who you are.

Necromancer:That's impossible.

Dr. Saltsman: I'll check on Raf.

He tells the girls and leaves.

Necromancer: I-If you want an end to this misery, simply bring me the knife and I'll be on my way...

Dr. Saltsman: Hope! Faith!

He yells

Necromancer: Oh...

(Faith, Hope, and Dr. Saltsman)

Faith: I take it things aren't going well?

Dr. Saltsman: He's a diva.

Hope: So what's the plan? I know you don't want to give over the knife, but we can't have him raising the lost loved ones of every person in this school.