Chapter 8

-No one pov

Hope was heading to unlock the door when Dr. Saltsman caught her.

Dr. Saltsman: Going somewhere? Better questions, where the hell do you think you're going with my keys and without telling me?

Hope: Um, you know, I just said some really harsh things to you yesterday, and so I just wanted to get you an oil change as a peace offering.

Dr. Saltsman: At 3:00 a.m.? Hope, you don't have a driver's license. You were gonna commit grand theft auto, which is a felony. You're ditching school right before the midterm exams begin, and you've made it very clear to me that you see me as an authority figure and nothing more. So tell me, why shouldn't I suspend you this very second?

Hope shows him her glowing bracelet

Dr. Saltsman: And what is that?

Hope: It's basically a supernatural compass.

Dr. Saltsman: Well, I hope it's pointing you to your room 'cause that's where you're going.

Hope: I'm going after Landon. If this thing is glowing, that means that he's in trouble.

Dr. Saltsman: Then we're going, and I'm driving.

(Landon)

-In a cafe-

Barista: You must have a serious caffeine addiction. You've been here every day this week.

Landon: I just like coffee. I should get the next one to go.

Barista: Hey, I'm not complaining. Just a little worried about you. This is embarrassing. You've been my best customer this week, and I-I don't even know your name.

Landon: Landon.

Barista: That's a beautiful one.

Landon: Thanks. I'm, uh... pretty sure you gave it to me.

(Hope)

Dr. Saltsman: Indiana. Crossroads of America. What's the capital?

Hope: We learned that in, like, eighth grade.

Dr. Saltsman: Oh, good, then you should know it.

Hope: I didn't say I absorbed the information.

Dr. Saltsman: Yeah, well, you're not saying much of anything. Look, if you can't handle grade school geography... you're gonna flunk all your exams.

Hope: Are Lizzie and Josie studying? Maybe you should focus on them.

Dr. Saltsman: Yeah, well, they're still in Europe with Caroline, thank God.

Hope: Religion has no place in the classroom, Dr. Saltzman. The Supreme Court made sure of that with its ruling on Engel v. Vitale. And Indianapolis is the capital of Indiana. I'm getting an "A" in geography. Chill. Take the next left. He's on the move.

Dr. Saltsman: All right. Indiana is surrounded by what four states?

Hope: I thought we just established that I am dominating geography.

Dr. Saltsman: Fine. Then let's move on to science.

-Faith pov

I woke up early to see Hope not in bed. I was counfised but then I saw a note on the table.

Faith don't worry I'm with Dr. Saltsman. We are going to find Landon because he is in trouble. I'll be safe I promise. Love you.

- Hope

I took a shower and got ready for classes.

I was in World history class when I got called into the headmasters office. I got up from my seat and I headed to Dr. Saltsman office. Once I got there I saw Dorian.