Chapter 17 | Doughnuts

Chapter Seventeen

🍩Lilac's P.O.V🍩

“Pancake I’ve got to tell you something”, Braylon said at the same time Kaia Fucking Richmond walked up to us smiling widely say, “Congratulations Lilac”.

I looked around frantically, did I jump into a vortex to an alternate universe and not realize it. I tried to look for any inch of dishonesty or pettiness in her voice or smile but I didn’t find any. Did she really say that?

‘Yah she’s happy you finally finish high school and move far away from her, Nessa and Trey. You’re not a ‘threat anymore’, honey chimed in and what she said made sense so I also beamed at the thought of never seeing Kaia again.

“Thanks congratulations too”, I said smiling as well. I thought nothing could ruin the moment till Kaia flipped her luscious locks showcasing her mark. A black hurricane mark.

“Well Kaia, Lilac and I should really get going”, Braylon said and Kaia waved before strutting off to whatever hellhole she crawled out of. “Who the fuck is it”, I asked Braylon. “I think you already know”, he replied.

“Freaking Goddess why the hell do you hate me, her of all people her. I’d honestly it be Nessa instead. Beta Female Kaia Fucking Richmond that’s messed up”, I proclaim pouting as Braylon pulls me to the car. “You say Kaia Fucking Richmond so much I’m starting to think it’s her actual middle name”, Braylon chuckles.

“Not funny”, I say. “Think of it this way, at least you get to boss her around now”, Braylon offers but I huff and cross my hands over my chest like a kid being told she’s already had one sweet too many as I glare at Braylon.

“I’m finally through with hell only to find that I’m stuck with Kaia Richmond for the rest of my life, not fair. It’s not fucking fair at all”, I say. “What if I promise to always share with you for the rest of our lives, will you be happy”, Braylon said as he got into the driver seat.

“Uh-uh”, I said feigning grumpiness as I looked out the window my back to Braylon as he drove. “Doughnuts from Taleshia’s every weekend for the rest of our lives”, he said and I faced him excitedly because that stupid ass Alpha sure knew how to bargain.

“Deal”, I grinned.