Chapter 12 | Icecream

Chapter Twelve

Lilac’s P.O.V

“Be good”, Braylon said as he dropped me off at school. I rolled my eyes. “Okay dad”, I replied sarcastically. “Can you at least try to make this easier for me”, he said and I sighed. “Sure, sorry and thank you for letting me come”, I said and he chuckled.

“Not like that”, I said playfully hitting at his chest, the blush on my cheeks prominent. “One day”, he whispered and I turned to run away but he pulled me into a hug I eagerly accepted. “Goodbye”, I mumbled into his chest not really wanting to leave the comfort.

“I’ll have Kayson come pick you up if that’s okay”, he said as we pulled apart. “Yeah sure”, I said. “Don’t miss me too much”, he said as he entered the car and drove away.

I was wearing dark blue nearly navy ripped jeans, white combat boots and one of Braylon’s hoodies. His scent always comforts me. My hair was in a ponytail and I didn’t look that bad but for some reason I felt seriously self-conscious. That reason being the last time I was here things didn’t blow over so well.

I instantly regretted making Braylon let me. I walked into school with my head high only to be tackled into a bear hug by the time I reached my locker. I looked at the short black curls around me accompanied by straight pink hair recognizing my attackers as Noni and a cheerleader I’d barely got to know well, Averi. I giggled and hugged them back.

“So”, Noni asked as she wiggled her eyebrows up and down as we pulled apart. “She’s not marked yet”, Averi said and I turned to look at her pink hair contrast nicely against the cheer uniform. With her big blue eyes and body she was really pretty. She was mated to the delta of her pack, Silent Bob, he goes to school here too but doesn’t say much. They were best friends before it all and she wore his mark proudly on her neck.

“But you were taken for a whole month”, Noni whined. “Not everyone is mated to they’re best friend and is as horny as you Noni”, Averi said. “As us Averi, don’t try to be a saint”, Noni said and Averi shrugged.

I grabbed some books from my locker and groaned. “I have a lot of catching up to do”, I sighed. “We’ll help you study plus I already gave most of your assignments to Riley”, Noni said. “Thank you”, I said. “And I don’t really know how you’re gonna react to this but Averi was Insta-streaming for the cheerleader’s feed about the game that Friday at lunch and she got a video of your table in the background”, Noni said before she started getting hesitant.

“She caught who through the first meatball. It was Nessa and Kaia”, she completed. “I knew it”, I said feeling relieved since I was starting to think that maybe I was wrong and just imagined the whole thing because I was being a jealous friend but I freaking knew it.

“There’s more”, Averi said and I looked at the confused. “I called Trey out in front of everyone and showed him the video because you’d been gone two weeks and I love proving dick wards wrong and seeing guilt eat them up”, Noni said. “And I love reprimanding bitches and putting them in their places”, Averi said. “I’m sorry if you didn’t want that”, Noni said and it was my turn to bear hug them.

“Thanks you guys are great friends”, I said pulling back once again. The doors at the end of the halls we stood in opened to reveal four figures whose presence demanded attention. Alpha Banner, Beta Jayce, Gamma Hannah those beautiful Greek goddess curved gold wolves and Delta Bob that sexy as hell fire Red Eclipse wolf.

Noni, Averi and I each said quick see yah later before they raced of into the arms of their mates. In nothing but matching hoodies and sweatpants Noni and Banner had become that couple. The one you wanted to be in. Like they’re outfits, it shouldn’t work but it did. I wanted that with Braylon.