Chapter 09 | Grapes

Chapter Nine

🍇Lilac's P.O.V🍇

Trey will possibly never talk to me again, Charlie's upset, Riley and August are probably making Alpha heirs by now, and Lottie was probably at party somewhere it being a weekend and all.

My only other option was someone I hadn't called in a long time. I wanted to shift after my own mate called me that but I also didn't want to be alone, so I called Noni. She's a friend from school, human but mated to an alpha.

It mustn't be easy for here and right now she'd probably have the best advice. I would have been fine with just a phone call but she knows how much of a foodie I am and as the saint she is, she agreed to meet at Big Belly burger in human territory.

I was there for about five minutes before she walked in with another Blonde girl I'd seen around school last year since she was a senior when we were still seniors. I recognized here as Tesoro, the Gold wolf pack, Female Beta. Unlike most traditional packs like Silverstorm, Gold wolf gives titles to those who prove themselves worth heirs.

They talked shortly before Tesoro left and her grey eyes spotted me and I waved her over. She ran over her black curls bouncing all the while. She managed to drag me out of the booth and hug me like her life depended on it. Noni always gave a new definition to the word hugger.

"I thought you didn't want to be friends anymore, I mean we go to the same school and you don't even say hi, so spill I know this is big", Noni said. "We don't talk anymore because your mate follows you around like a crazed puppy living no room for the rest of us", I told her, its true those take attached to the hip to a whole new level.

Just as I said that her face contorted to that of guilt and pity. "I heard what happened at lunch on Friday, sorry I wasn't there to help, Banner and skipped that day, is this about trey", she said sweetly which I should have expected but I sighed and brushed the thought of tryout of my mind.

"No it's actually about uhm my mate", I said nervously. "You found you're mate, when how, tell me", Noni shouted happily with a megawatt smile and hugged. I told her everything and by the end of it I accept a pitied look on her face but she looked like she was glowing.

"What?" I asked. "I was cuffed to the bed for two weeks when Banner found out we were mates, you got out lucky", she said shaking her head her smile never fading.

"I don't feel lucky", I admitted. It's not that I don't want a mate, I'd never reject the idiot even though what he said really hurt me. I'm just really confused.

"Trust me that's how it always is you second doubt yourself and your mate for the first few months but once you give into the bond it all falls into place, just give him a second chance", Noni said. "I see things are going great between you and Banner", I said eyeing her mark it was gorgeous and I'm sure she can't even see it because she's human. I wasn't jealous but I was envious.

I want that.

"Yap, I still second doubt us though, I feel like his gonna fuck up and I just don't know if I can handle that but you got to have hope right", she said just as her phone rang.

"Darling where the hell are you", I heard her mate say on the other line. It wasn't eavesdropping I can't necessarily turn off my hearing. "I'm just here talking to a friend", Noni said. "Where which friend", Banner said possessively. "We talked about this Banner", Noni said.

"Can you blame you're hot and I've seen the way other males look at you your my sexy little thing so come home or I'll come drag you from where ever you are again where are you", Banner said knowing alpha mates, he meant every word.

"I'm at the big belly burger next to school with Lilac from the Silverstorm pack", Noni said and gestured the phone towards me so I shouted 'hey Banner' and Noni giggled since I was load and everybody looked at us with judging disapproving looks.

"How many werewolf bff can one human girl possibly have", Banner said on the other line you could practically see him shaking his head which made Noni and I laugh. "I'll be home soon don't worry I'm with Tesoro", Noni said. "Fine", Banner huffed and after a lot of prolonged goodbyes they ended the call.

We were in the middle of taking about everything yet nothing at all when the blonde Noni came with rushed to us.

"We've got to go Noni", she said. "Tesoro this is Lilac", Noni introduced "Lilac this is Tesoro, Beta Gold wolf pack", Noni introduced. Up close her hair was more golden that blonde her blue eyes sparkled. She was beautiful like every other gold wolf.

It's like the goddess worked with Greek gods creating that pack. Every werewolf wants to be in the gold wolf pack just the fact that she's unmated and still allowed to have such a high rank speaks volumes. Nothing like Silverstorm who abide by old rules and customs. I love my pack though they're something I'd like to change.

"Nice to meet you but Chica we really got to go", Tesoro said sounding urgent. "If you need anything just talk to me at school call me and if you need a place to hide Gold wolf is here for you", Noni said. "Look at you all being a Luna", I joked. "Thanks", I said hugging her. "No problem", she said.

After munching down half of what big belly burger had to offer I decided to finally go home and face reality. Only reality hit me immediately I opened the door to my room. Braylon was sitting at my desk busying himself. I immediately turned to get the hell out of there. Only I didn't.

"Lilac it's your room", he said pulling me back into the room and sniffing which I assumed he thought I was with another male. The thought infuriated me. "You can have it", I said trying to wiggle out of his hold but he only pulled me closer to him and left out bodies touching.

I tried to fight the sparks and tingles and fireworks dancing beneath my skin reminding me that I'm his and he's my mate yet he still didn't trust me and I was angry at him.

"Let go", I said trying my best not to scream and look immature. "I'm sorry", he said which caught me by surprise. Alphas don't usually apologize, there ego doesn't allow it. I stopped fighting and looked into his emerald eyes that weirdly reminded me of olives to see if he meant it. "I'm sorry about the dinner", he said sincerely and I believed him.

I nodded and he let me go. He grabbed a bowl of grapes from where he'd placed them on my desk and gave them to me as a 'peace gift'. Come on dude you could do better than grapes but I do love grapes though.

"I'm grape-full for the date you let me take you and I deeply re-grape how it ended. I know my grape jokes ain't working but I'm really sorry for what happened and I'm sorry for what's going to happen next", he said and I looked up at him with a mouthful of grapes.

What's going to happen next? I thought just as a wave of dizziness struck me. I was about to stumble and hit the floor when masculine arms wrapped around me carrying me up and taking me out of the room.

What worried me more was that the hands didn't belong to my mate.

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

Oh so that happened...... Thoughts?

Noni is a character from my other book Stripped and Tainted check it out.

I know the grape jokes where terrible.

Qn: What's ur fav. fast food?

Me, you can't go wrong with pizza. And now I'm hungry..... Mmmbyeees ~ Tisha💛