Chapter 15 | Fish

Chapter Fifteen

Lilac’s P.O.V

“Oh snap”, I squealed as the body hit the wooden porch we were standing on in a semi-loud thud.

You would think Braylon would hesitate in killing his father well it happened faster than Thanos the snap god moving his fingers Boom! Well more like boom, boom, boom. That’s how daddy Braylon’s head rolled off his body after Braylon ripped it right of his body and threw it to the ground.

No parting words, no evil monologue no secrets or years of resentment revealed. It was so quick so clean, I just stood there gapping like a fish out of water like “Dayummn” that did not just happen. I was still waiting for time to reverse just like in twilight after they broke our hearts over and over again as everyone died only to fucking say it was all a vision.

Well the pain and heart ache was real twilight, it was fucking real.

“Sorry you hard to see that”, Braylon says his eyes down cast to the blood on his hands and his father’s limp body. “I’m not fucking sorry that was shitting fan-freaking-static”, I yell excitedly making my way over his dead dad’s body like skipping over a spilt drink to hug my mate.

“Let’s go get some seafood now”, Braylon says and I clear my throat, my gaze falling back onto the fighting hunters and wolves. “Right the rest of the fight”, Braylon says admitting to the fact he’d so blissfully forgotten about the rest of the world.

“After you my lady”, Braylon grinded feigning properness. I’ve lived with this baboon for nearly four month ugly ass Squid-ward Tentacles is more polite. I snorted at him taking a seat on the front porch watching the fight. It was laughable really our warriors looked like they were practice sparing with untrained pups against the extremely unnumbered hunters.

What the hell were these idiots thinking in the first place?

“You don’t want to join the fight”, Braylon asked from beside me. “Nah I’m not one of those -please let me fight, you say no, I go running into danger only to inevitably get myself hurt injured and on the brink of death just for you to confess your undying love for me in the hospital so we’d leave happily ever after- girls, thanks but no thanks. I already know you love me”, I said.

“Do you love me?” Braylon asked and my nonexistent answer was forgotten when the cowards started retreating.

“Oh so now you run”, I yelled getting up, “No enemy of Black Hurricane gets out of pack lands alive fools. You knew this, you ignored this. Face up and pay the freaking price”, I growled combat shifting into Honey and chasing after the idiots.

Honestly it was more of a light jog with the speed these fat fucks were using to run. Bored with all the games I latched onto one by the neck swinging the bitch back and forth as if she weighed nothing like my own personal rag doll. Too bad for her I’m a big girl and big girls don’t play with dollies.

Pouncing onto the next dick ward and the next and the next till there was no more chew toys left to play with, I realized seeing all the black hurricane wolves around me excited and proud as Braylon and I stood over the fallen bodies of our foes, it wouldn’t be so bad being Luna.

That and I was also sad about the fact that my fun was over. Was it bad that I was picturing most of them as Kaia Fucking Richmond?

It had been a very eventful morning I almost forgave the fact I was unwillingly dragged out of bed when a horrific and I mean looking under your bed to search for your phone only to come face to teeth with penny wise scary, I was supposed to be taking my SATs today.

That thought hadn’t occurred to me before Beta Kayson rolled up in the range rover to take me to hell. “What did I miss”, he’d barely said as his eyes landed onto the dead bodies scattered all over Braylon and I’s compound when I jumped a good ten feet in the air still in my wolf form I might add before running faster that the flash into the house.

For the first time in literally forever I was thinking about something other than food as my brain repeatedly chanted, “Oh shit school”