Chapter 16 | Cherries

Chapter Sixteen

🍒Lilac's P.O.V🍒

“I’m free I’m fucking finally free”, Riley, Lottie, Noni, Averi and I basically squeal and giggle as we throw away the stupid caps that were messing up our awesome hairstyles. You got that right your main girls finally, finally done with high school.

To say I barely made it out alive would be a huge-mongous understate. To say I’ve learnt nothing in four years on the other hand I’d believe.

“High school Graduate”, my mum said as she and dad approached just as the rest of the girls walked off to their families as well. “I honestly didn’t think you’d make it”, dad said.

“Dad”, I scolded at the same time mum reprimanded him but he kept his cheeky -I’m a proud father let me make terrible jokes- face on.  

“So how was Peru”, I asked. “It was amazing were going to Rwanda next”, my mum said as August gave me an awkward side hug his eyes trailing onto a specific someone who was talking to her parents while not so subtly looking this way.

I should seriously have my picture in the third wheel hall of fame. First from my ex best friend and his mate, then my brother and his mate not to mention my parents PDA is grossly off the charts. “Go”, I told August and he didn’t need to be told twice as he all but sprinted to Riley.

Back to my parents nose kissing, ewww. “So I’ll see yah at dinner, I guess”, I said moving away but other than the sure whatever’s and okay honeys thrown my way. I don’t think they would have noticed my absence.

“Graduate”, Braylon said as I approached him and pressed my lips to his. “Graduate’s mate”, I happily greeted.

“I’m so happy I’m going to get you all to myself from now on”, he said and I rolled my eyes but bit my tongue to keep me from saying what would inevitably ruin this happy moment: If all that alpha work will allow you too.

“I know what you’re think so stop, I promise I’ll be right by your side each and every day because I may or may not drag you to the office with me”, Braylon said.

“How romantic” I sarcastically replied tilting my head to kiss him. My lips had barely touched his when a throat cleared from behind us.

“*‘a coughs’* Nauseating PDA * a ‘coughs’*” Noni says from behind us where she stood with her whole crew and some of mine, thirteen people staring back at us. Her mate, Banner, Averi, Her mate Bob, Tesoro, Riley, August, Charlie, Lottie, Jayce, his mate Mia, Hannah and her mate Malcom.

“You’re one to talk”, I said to Noni actually all of them have no right to judge my PDA and make my cheeks turn embarrassingly cherry when they were practically making pornos in the hallway or cafeteria.

“Seriously who wears ‘I’m with stupid’ ‘Guess I’m stupid’ matching hoodies to graduation”, I said gesturing at Banner and Noni’s outfits under their graduation gowns. How the hell they manage to still look sexy wearing that is super unfair.

“Because we’re hot enough to pull of anything and that the freaking point, it’s a Meta”, Banner said swinging an arm around his mate and pulling her closer when they were inseparable as it was.

“Anyway guys this is my ma-boyfriend Braylon, Braylon these are my friends”, I introduced hoping Charlie and Lottie weren’t weirded out by my slip up but Charlie was fixed on his phone and Lottie was just sending me glares for not introducing Braylon or talking about a boyfriend before.

“I already met Banner and Noni at the Mate Gala” the words fly out before he can stop them and I really don’t care that humans around when I ask, “You went to the Mate Gala without me” at the same time Charlie’s jaw drops and Lottie literally screeches out, “You went to the Met Gala”

“It was last year I was just there for work with King Adrian”, Braylon mind links me when we notices my -we’ll talk about this later but I’m so going to kill you later as well- look and just shrugs rudely brushing Lottie off but she didn’t seem to mind.

“So why did you guys come here in the first place”, I ask them. “Oh we just wanted to see if you’re coming to the graduation party Charlie and I are throwing later”, Lottie asked.

“Can I?”, I mind linked Braylon. “You don’t need to ask for permission but yah sure”, Braylon replied and I nodded my head frantically I was surprised no one asked is I was having a mini seizure.

“I’ll be there after dinner with my parents though”, I said. We all made plans and said our goodbyes for the time being.