Chapter 23

Destiny's pov

I am in my room now completing my work. I was making Liam's schedule tomorrow. It's already half past eight in the night. I took the tissue and rubbed by running nose. Stupid cold.

It's been two days I haven't been to office. One for this cold and second to avoid Liam. I thought whether to let him in again or stay away from him. And I decided to stay away from him. I can't be fooled again.

After I ran away from him, I kept thinking about him. So in order to stop thinking about him. I ran to the nearest store and bought five tubs of my favorite ice-creams with different flavors and started watching my favorite movies back to back.

I was so into the movies that I ate all the ice cream. Literally all of them. And tomorrow morning I had fever and cold. Hence I caught the flu.

I called Alexis and took my leave. And I was avoiding Liam with that. I was relieved I won't be seeing him. It's still fresh in my head about the scene in his office. I can't seem to forget that.

And next day I was no better than yesterday. The fever had come down a little but the cold was not leaving me.

'That's what you get for eating the five tubs of ice-cream' my mind said.

'I learnt my lessons now, will you stop'

'Why should I. And remember you can't avoid Liam forever' she said

'Who said I was avoiding him'

'Seriously! You could have went to office today. It's just a cold, your fever have come down today morning. Don't try to fool me!' she said

'OK you got me there. I am avoiding him. Happy!'

'Very'

I heard a knock at my apartment door. I looked at the time. Who could be at this time, I said to myself. I got up, went to open the door. As I opened it I was shocked to see Liam there in his working attire. Did he come here straight from the work.

"What are you doing here" I asked him coming out of the shock state.

He didn't answer me instead he bought his hand up and pressed it on my forehead and checked my temperature.

I moved back and asked "What are you doing" and sneezed immediately after that. I rubbed my nose a little bit to remove the itchiness.

"Are you okay, I heard Alexis saying that you were not well" he said looking at me. But I can see his eyes is not fixed in one place. It keeps diverting down to body. I looked down to see what he was looking. My eyes widened. Shit I am only in my shorts and T-shirt. I didn't wear a bra inside.

Then his eyes landed on my chest and his eyes widened. I think he came to know that I was not wearing a bra. Damn me. He immediately looked away and coughed. His face was becoming red. I crossed my arms infront of my chest and turned around and went to my room. I stopped at the door. I didn't turn to him and said.

"I will come in a minute. Come inside and close the door" and ran to the closet. I didn't know someone would come to my home today. Whenever I am alone I am like this. I like to be free. I quickly put the bra and sneezed again. I didn't change my clothes, I was comfortable in this. If he is not then he can go out.

I came out to see him sitting on the couch. He has already removed his coat now placed next to him. He looked up at me as I came out. I went and sat in single seated couch and put the cushion on my lap.

He cleared his throat and asked "How are you".

"Good, but cold is there" I said.

"Did you take the medicine"