Chapter 30

Narrator's point of view

"I need to talk to you." Auralie said while grabbing her wrist and pulled her back to the huge staircase. Despite Hermione's questions of curiosity, she let Auralie pull her to wherever she pleases. Like the Malfoy said, they needed to talk.

They stopped in front of the stairs, where no one would interrupt.

"As you know that I have problems with my brother, What I said back in the Malfoy Manor you remember it, right?" Auralie asked, breathless and couldn't calm down even by Hermione's hand holding hers for comfort. She nodded and didn't speak further wanting to listen. "There was a reason why Draco kept a close eye on me and reported back to you-know-who. It's frustratingly getting inside my nerves and I don't know what to do."

Auralie dropped down to the stairs looking down, she couldn't look at Hermione again, afraid to love her like she does now.

Hermione looked at her, processing every word that Auralie said to her. She wondered on what was the reason why her brother turned against her. She sat down besides Auralie, holding both her hands tight, letting her know she is there for her.

"What is it? You can tell me." Hermione whispered and slowly tracing circles on the girl's palm, which calmed her down to a minimum.

"He knew from the beginning that I was weak and in love with somebody." Auralie started shaking her head. "The problem for him was that he didn't know who it is, He never got the chance on getting inside my head when I left without warning. I'm afraid— no, I'm terrified that once he gets inside my head, he'll come after you..." Her voice broke all so suddenly, when she said it aloud, it made her realize that this was her reality.

Hermione frowned and was tired of sitting from afar watching the girl she loves gets dragged around from everywhere for her. It was all tiring for her. She brought her hand up to Auralie's cheek making her look at her.

"Auralie, after all the things that you and I have encountered, I think it's best if you stop protecting me anymore." Hermione spoke with ease but it didn't quite make the Malfoy that is in front of her stop worrying.

"This is different, 'Mione. My parents serve him and as long as I have this bloody mark on my forearm, He will try to persuade me on coming back. Even worse, he will kill you so that—"

"—Aurelia Narcissa Malfoy." Hermione cut her off making the girl look at her seriously. The Granger looked at her with a grin.

She got back to her senses and looker at her in disbelief, "How do you know my full name?"

"I... Can't just fall in love with a person without knowing their full name now can't I?" Hermione whispered, gently caressing her cheek. Just as she had imagined, it made her heart feel better finally relieving her love.

Auralie backed away, couldn't handle the sudden words. "Y-You can't. Hermione you are making this hard for me." She stood up backing away.

Hermione followed her steps, "I can and I do, Auralie." She held both sides to her face to calm down the panicking girl in front of her. "Listen to me— Don't push me away. I love you and I promise you I won't let him kill me."

"No, Hermione!" Auralie shouts and brushed away the hands that were on her face, the tears on her eyes were already building up. "You shouldn't of have told me. You are making this hard for me to hide it!" she shouted.

Hermione shook her head and tried to hold Auralie but backed away as she felt her touch burning on her skin.

"No don't please..." Auralie begged, Hermione didn't listen when she forced the girl to look at her.