Chapter 23

Narrator's point of view

Hermione, Ron and Harry walked inside the Goblin's temporarily room where he rests. They needed to talk to him, ask him for answers.

"How are you?" Harry asked once they closed the door behind them, the goblin, Griphook has his eyes closed while sitting comfortably on the chair.

"Alive." He mustered whilst not taking a look behind him, he knew who it was just by the voice.

"You probably don't remember that—"

"—That I showed you to your vault, the first time you came to gringotts. Even amongst goblins, you are famous Harry Potter." Griphook informed while Harry walked in front of him looking outside the window and back to the Goblin.

Hermione couldn't think properly, for the past few hours she was besides Auralie on her bed, unconscious ofcourse and breathing normally since Fleur did her best to aid the girl. Fluer said that when she wakes up she'll be alright but will probably want some time alone, the cruciatus curse is traumatic to some people and some people have gone crazy by the excruciating pain.

"You burried the elf." Griphook said when he watched them burry Dobby by the distance, Harry nodded saying yes. "You brought me here. You are... very unusual wizard. How did you come by the sword." He asked looking at the weapon besides Harry that was just sitting there.

"It's complicated. Why did Bellatrix Lestrange think it should be in her vault at Gringotts?" Harry asked leaning on the wall.

"It's complicated." Griphook countered, saying the exact thing that Harry told him.

"Sword presented itself to us in the moment of need. We didn't steal it." He assured Griphook who was listening very well.

"There is a sword in Madame Lestrange's vault, Identical to this one. But it is a fake. It is placed there by this summer."

"And she never suspected it was a fake?" Harry asked

"The replica is very convincing. Only a goblin would recognise that this is the true sword of Gryffindor."

Hermione opened her mouth to speak, "Who's the acquaintance?"

"A Hogwarts professor. As I understand he is now headmaster." Griphook informed and a name popped inside Ron's head. "Snape." He said aloud. "He put a fake sword in Bellatrix's vault. Why?"

"There are more than a few curious things in the vault at Gringotts."

Harry shifted uncomfortably in his feet, "And In Madame Lestrange's vault as well?"

"Perhaps."

"I need to get into Gringotts. Into one of the vaults." Harry said, already coming up with a plan in his head "This is impossible." The goblin said looking at him in disbelief.

"Alone, yes. But with you, No."

Griphook clasped her hands together thinking, "Why should I help you?"

"Well I've got gold. Lots of it." Harry said looking at him seriously.

"I have no interest in gold."

"Then what?" Harry questioned.

Either of them didn't speak once more, Griphook was looking at the sword of Gryffindor, The only thing he wants to acquire in the room. "That. That is my prize."

Harry looked at the sword and wondered if it's worth the trade, ofcourse it wasn't but what other choice does he have.

"Do you think there's a horcrux in Bellatrix's vault?" Hermione whispered when they exited the room just by the front,