Chapter 17

Narrator's point of view

With Ron gone, nothing has been the same. It caused a few arguments from them three but soon got over it. Auralie especially was feeling mad even though she couldn't in her place, they had drove Ron to leave. Harry has been wondering if his two friends would do the same but so far no one had left, what surprised him was Auralie staying.

Hermione tried to speak to the girl, apologizing for ignoring her for so many weeks. It drove Auralie so mad but granger didn't know it affected her so much.

Sometimes, Auralie would walk far away from their tent to somewhere more peaceful. The first time she did that was gotten scolded by Hermione who was worried sick by time she came back and Harry who was just listening to the girl scream her words.

Auralie however did not listen as she kept walking away from their base and coming back late. It had been happening since Ron left and Hermione was slowly falling apart.

She didn't know how to reach out to Malfoy, how to apologize sincerely when the girl won't even listen to her.

They already moved to a high place, with much more scenery and secured. They can now apparate since Auralie's arm and neck was now healed fully.

Auralie couldn't stand on being inside the tent so she sat on the rocks while listening to the radio inside. There was a small opening on the tent and she could see her friends dancing and having fun on washing off their worries.

"Atleast some of us is having fun." She whispered while looking at the moon.

"I miss you, brother. If only I can send you a letter then I'll be completely fine." Auralie sobbed wiping her tears away in a hurry before anyone sees.

"I have not been the same since I left the Manor. Since I found out that you... were spying on me for him. I don't blame you, Draco. I just want to hold you again." The girl kept talking in a low voice, while staring on the dark and blue sky.

Hermione was standing very still by the tent, wouldn't dare to get spotted on eavesdropping the girl. She seemed so lost just like how she sees her whenever Auralie gets a nightmare.

She walked towards her, wanting to be there for the girl. She sat besides Auralie and in a surprise, she let her.

They sat in silence for a few minutes and until Hermione let her head down and rest on the girl's shoulders. They both looked at she shining stars and the bright moon in silence.

Hermione opened her mouth to speak, "I was lying when I said that Ron is who I smelled on my amortentia."

Curiosity grew inside Auralie as she listened. "Why lie?" She asked in a rusty voice after crying.

Hermione cracked a smile, "Because I could no longer believe of who I thought of when I did. The person I smelled is extraordinary. They kept me sane and helped me through my dark times without them knowing. It's a shame that I can't tell them the truth, It will only ruin them."

Auralie looked over her in a frown, "Who is it then?"

Hermione pulled away from her shoulders and looked at her in admiration. 'You. I love you, Auralie.'

"I can't... I'm going back inside, you should too." Hermione stood up and smiled at her sadly before leaving her alone again.

Auralie watched her figure disappear in the tent and then sighed before looking back again at the sky and the stars. "I love you, Hermione Granger."

Auralie had woken even before the sun came up, she watched it arise in admiration when she did. She woke up with another nightmare in the middle of the night and thankfully nobody heard her.