- Welcoming Admiration -

And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them, and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.
(Surah ar-Rum:21)

--------------‐----------‐-------------------------------
Luth's POV

I didn't want to take my hands away from her face. The sensation of her soft skin against mine was comforting, as if a spark had ignited within me. Subconsciously, I found myself falling for Omaiza – the woman who had now become my halal companion.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked Omaiza, my fingers still tracing her cheek.

She tilted her head slightly, giving me a shy smile in response.

Our connection was disrupted by the insistent ring of my phone. I reluctantly pulled away to answer the call, watching as Omaiza moved towards the dresser.

"What's the matter, Ammar?" I muttered through clenched teeth.

"Did I interrupt something, mate?" Ammar's voice on the other end was laced with amusement.

"Can you tone it down a bit? Why bother me when we've already talked about everything?" I snapped, my patience waning.

"Take it easy, buddy. I've stumbled upon a new interest. Wanna know what it is?" Ammar's voice was curious.

"Why should I care about your latest pursuits?" I replied, my irritation growing.

"If I'm speaking, you better be listening," Ammar asserted, his tone unwavering.

"Fine, go ahead," I grumbled, my curiosity piqued despite myself.

"Alright, my latest fascination is getting under your skin," Ammar confessed, his laughter echoing through the phone.

"You've always had a knack for that," I mumbled, clenching my fist.

"Speaking of skills, who's the mysterious lady on your end? She sounds intriguing," Ammar's playful inquiry followed.

"That's enough, Ammar. Knock it off," I warned, ending the call with a mix of amusement and annoyance.

My frustration wasn't about Ammar—it was about him dragging Omaiza into our banter.

"Is everything okay?" Omaiza's voice broke through my thoughts, filled with genuine concern.

"Yeah, just some nonsense from an old friend," I reassured her with an awkward smile, scratching my head.

"Wow!" I was caught off guard when I saw Omaiza with her hair down, cascading around her shoulders.

"Do I look different without my hijab?" Omaiza's voice held a hint of self-consciousness.

"Absolutely, and let me tell you in a good way, you look stunning," I replied, my smile sincere.

"Thank you," Omaiza blushed, her cheeks turning a delicate shade of pink.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to compliments from me," I teased, winking playfully.

Omaiza adjusted her hijab, her expression shifting from embarrassment to a shy smile. I decided not to push her any further.

"You know, I've always wondered how your hair looked and felt," I confessed, my curiosity getting the best of me.

She giggled softly, a musical sound that filled the room. "Well, maybe soon you'll find out."

"We'll see," I replied with a grin, our playful exchange making me feel more at ease.

As we left the room together, heading towards the peaceful allure of the pool area, I couldn't help but steal a few more glances at her. A world of endless possibilities stretched before us, and I couldn't wait to uncover each one, step by step, with Omaiza by my side.