-Tangled Fate-

The Command to lower the Gaze

This is a command from Allah to His believing servants, to lower their gaze from looking at things that have been prohibited for them. They should look only at what is permissible for them to look at, and lower their gaze from forbidden things. If it so happens that a person's gaze unintentionally falls upon something forbidden, he should quickly look away.
(Surah an Nur -30)

Luth's POV

The sun blazed overhead, and I was growing impatient while waiting for my best friend, Zaid. A half-hour had passed since our agreed meeting time, and my calls to him were met with silence. Frustration got the better of me, and I grumbled, "Zaid, how long are you going to take? I've been waiting for you for the past thirty minutes!" Annoyed, I ended the call. Surprisingly, the place I was waiting at wasn't as bad as I had expected. It was a lively spot filled with various cultures and foods, perfect for someone like me who enjoyed exploring new things.

However, a sudden noise nearby caught my attention. "Please, let me go. Fear Allah!" I heard someone cry out. Curiosity piqued, I tucked my phone into my pocket and headed towards the commotion. My car was parked on the quieter side of the festival, and my heart raced as I followed an alternative route leading to the source of the cries.

As I got closer, a distressing scene unfolded. The girl I had seen at the library was being harassed by a man who was attempting to strip her of her dignity. I was frozen with shock, but then I noticed a rod lying nearby. Praying silently, "Ya Allah, give me strength" I grabbed the rod and struck the offender on the head. He went limp and fell to the side, unconscious.

My heart sank when I heard the girl whimpering in pain and fear. "Miss, can you hear me?" I tried to assure her, but she flinched at my voice. I couldn't bear to see her in that state, so I swiftly took off my jacket and wrapped it around her, covering her hair with the hoodie. I gently lifted her into my arms and hurried towards my car, parked discreetly behind the festival grounds. Panic set in as I wondered what to do next and whom to call.

In my haste, I dialed Zaid's number. "Zaid, can you please help me?" I pleaded, my voice trembling with stress. "Luth, what happened? You sound stressed. Is everything okay?" Zaid's voice conveyed his concern. "There's no time for questions. Did you get to the place?" I asked, hoping for a positive response. "Yes, I did. I was just about to call you. Now tell me what happened." "Listen, Zaid, go to the backyard of the campus. You'll find a lady's knapsack. When you find it, call the recent number and inform them to reach Apollo Hospital as soon as possible." "Hospital? Lady? Call? Ya Allah, what's going on, Luth?" "I'll explain everything later. Just do as I say, for now, please." "Okay, okay, calm down. Allah Hafiz."

"Please, let me go... Ostav'te Menja v pokoe! (Leave me alone!) Spasite! (Help!) Ya Allah save me. Abb-Abbu it's hurting. Pl-please help me." My heart ached as I heard her cries. "Please hold on. We'll reach the hospital in 5 minutes," I tried to comfort her, but she continued to cry. "Water... wat...er." I stopped the car, rushed to the back door, and carefully poured water into her mouth before continuing our journey.

-Time Skip-

The hospital came into view, and I didn't waste a moment. "Please get the stretcher! It's an emergency!" I called out as I sprinted into the hospital. Doctors and nurses rushed to our aid, bringing a stretcher for her. Relief washed over me as they took her inside the emergency ward. The thought of arriving just a few minutes later filled me with dread; who knows what that man might have done to her?

My phone buzzed, displaying Zaid's name. "Luth, I understand what happened. Don't worry; I already informed her friend. The man has been arrested. The girl's name is Omaiza, and her friend will reach the hospital." I thanked him before hanging up. "If you need any help, call me. I have to file a complaint against Shakeel," he said. "In sha Allah," I replied, still concerned about Omaiza.