-Threads of resilience -

when you passed it from one tongue to the other, and said with your mouths what you had no knowledge of, taking it lightly while it is ˹extremely˺ serious in the sight of Allah.
( Surah An Nur - 15)

Luth's POV

My heart raced as their car came into view. I felt a bit like a stalker watching them, which made me uncomfortable. Stepping out of my car, I tried to act casual as Yasir went to grab their bags. My eyes locked onto a pair of dark brown eyes – those eyes seemed to hide secrets, and I couldn't quite read them.

It took a moment before we both seemed to snap out of our trance-like stares. I cleared my throat, moving aside to make way for Omaiza to exit. "Assalam Alaikum," I greeted Yasir, helping with the bags. "Walaikum Salam, brother," he replied, and we quickly moved their luggage from their car to my black Toyota Land Cruiser. "Nice car," Yasir commented. "Thanks, man."

Yasir directed Mahira and Omaiza on where to sit. I couldn't help but chuckle as I saw Mahira blush upon catching sight of Zaid. In an attempt to ease the situation, I decided to rearrange the seating, giving clear instructions. As we settled into our new spots, I took the driver's seat, and our journey to Coorg began.

"So, what do you do for a living?" Yasir's question sparks a sense of amusement within me. It's like a long-awaited interview has finally begun. "I'm an architect, and I also manage our family business," I reply, trying to maintain an air of confidence.

"Mashallah, and what are your thoughts about Islam?" Yasir's question is thought-provoking, and I make an effort to articulate my beliefs. "Islam is a profound faith that elevates one's soul in the eyes of Allah. It's a religion of equality, valuing both men and women and fostering a sense of respect, responsibility, and compassion. It emphasizes the pursuit of knowledge, kindness, and patience." I catch a glimpse of Zaid's smirk, which only adds to the pressure.

"Your view on women working?" Yasir's questions are certainly well-prepared. I need to respond thoughtfully. "I fully support women working if they choose to. If my future spouse decides to work, I would encourage her pursuit of personal growth and achievement. Financial contribution to the family is secondary; her career should be driven by her aspirations and ambitions."

"Do you prefer an independent living arrangement or residing with your parents?" Yasir's inquiries are relentless, but I remain composed. I exchange a brief look with Zaid, then respond, "I believe in maintaining an independent household while staying close to my parents. Having my own space is important, but I also value the bond and support of family."

Our conversation shifts to sports, and I find myself genuinely enjoying the communion. Zaid's jokes elicit laughter from everyone except Omaiza, who seems lost in her own world, gazing out of the window.

Time Skip

By 4, we finally arrive at our destination. Stretching our legs after the long drive feels refreshing. Yasir's mix of overprotective brother and cool friend is intriguing. He's not only attentive but also possesses a great sense of humor and a shared love for sports.

While Zaid helps Mahira with her bag, Yasir takes charge of Omaiza's and mine, considering their shared luggage. It's a simple act, yet it speaks volumes about his caring nature. My mind races with thoughts as I follow the group, a mix of anticipation and curiosity building within me. What lies ahead for us on this journey? Only time will tell.

Omaiza wraps her arms around herself as the first cold breeze hits us. She takes a deep breath and smiles, turning around like a kid in a park.

-Omaiza's POV-