Chapter 27

Thor carried Loki's body to his room. He was holding him closely, afraid that his brother's body would disappear.

He lowered his brother onto the center of the mattress with so much care. He brought his clothes and began to undress Loki's armour. He tried to wash his brother's battered body with some cloth as much as he can and then began dressing him in his clothes, which were large on Loki.

He covered his brother with a blanket and then brought a chair and sat on it; He grabbed Loki's hand in his, and the only sound that can be heard is his sobs.

After an hour, Thor heard someone knocking. "Come in. "his voice was hoarse from crying.

Tony entered the room. His eyes were red, and he looked miserable. "Thor, I'm sorry. I promised him I will protect him, and I failed. "the first thing he said was that, and he said it in a small voice. Looking at the ground, unable to meet Thor's eyes.

The next thing Tony knew, he was being engulfed in a hug. "it wasn't your fault, Tony."

"I- I'm...... "Tony said, choking on his words.

"It isn't your fault, Tony. "Thor said firmly. "But can you tell me what happened? "Thor's voice wavered. He was looking at Loki.

"W-we were at the collector's place, arguing about the stone. Suddenly there was an explosion. And he was there. "Taking a deep breath. "We fought, but we were losing. " he said, bitterly.

Tony continued. "I think Loki combined his power with the Tesseract and he was winning, but of course that didn't happen. "Tony's eyes were shut, replaying the scene of Loki's death in his head.

Thor was silent, but fresh tears ran down his face.

"I'm sorry, Thor. "

"There was nothing that could have been done. " Thor grabbed Loki's hand. "I- I wish Loki is tricking us and t-that his body will vanish and h-he will enter the room and say 'ha! I've fooled you, you always fall for my tricks.' And I will yell at him for doing this to me. "he said while combing Loki's hair by his hand.

After a moment of silence. "Do you think we could win? "Tony asked.

"We must win. Maybe we will lose other people, but in the end, we will win. "

.......................

"So, there are only two stones left, mind and soul? "Bruce said. "And we have one here. The other we don't know where it is. "

The Avengers, Bucky, and Nebula were discussing what they are going to do.

The soul stone! He took her to sacrifice her soul. Nebula closed her eyes to prevent the tears.

"He took my sister to sacrifice her soul. That means that he has the soul stone," she said.

"Fuck. "Bucky swore. "That's means we have only one stone. "

"Where is Vision? We must keep him out of his reach." Thor said.

"He is with Shuri and Wanda, they are trying to remove the stone from him. "Bruce replied.

"And what about his followers? How can we defeat them? "Steve asked.

"Ebony Maw, the one who came with me is the most dangerous one. Don't let him touch any of you. The other three can be defeated easier than him. "

"And of course the Chituari. "Natasha said in a flat voice.

"What about other countries? They can send the military to help us. " Bruce suggested while looking at Tony, who hasn't uttered a word.

"Loki sought the help of the Jötunns, I can try to let Alfheim and Vanaheim send us warriors to help us. "Thor said, his voice wavered when he mentioned his brother's name.

"And T'challa is contacting the other countries to fight with us. " Natasha said.

"Fuck. What if we didn't defeat him? "Clint said, looking at them, fearing the worst.

"Thanos must be defeated! I won't let him kill anyone else. "Tony was the one who said that, his voice was flat and held no emotion.