Chapter 21

The wind beat his face, he can feel the cold, colder than Jötunheim. Layers of ice everywhere. Loki walked over hills and down valleys, around huge walls of stone and ice, and skidded over frozen lakes, always heading further and further away.

The realm of Niflheim.

 It was the place that the Grandmaster told him about.

~~~~~~~~~

Before Loki went to release Sif, he encountered the Grandmaster.

"Oh, Loki! Did you hear it? My champion has escaped, kidnapped by lord of thunder! "The Grandmaster said, annoyed. "I want you to look for him. And bring him to me. "

"And what will I get from this? "Loki asked him, to see what he will offer.

"A prize." The Grandmaster grinned.

Loki nodded at him. He just wants to hurry and get Sif to escape that dreadful planet.

But then the Grandmaster's grin widened. "As for the game you won. " he said. "The stone is in Niflheim. Perhaps you will be able stop Thanos and kill him." The Grandmaster grimaced.

"He has killed my brother in another universe. " The Grandmaster continued as he saw the shocked look in Loki's face.

And then in a more cheerful voice. "Well, time to stop lord of thunder," he said.

~~~~~~~~~

The Tesseract in his hand was pulling him towards the other gem. He began his walk again and before long he could sense whisperings of magic in the air that grew stronger and stronger the closer he got. He looked around and there were no attacks on him. The magic that was calling him was not harming him.

Loki found a temple in front of him. It was an entrance to a long-abandoned temple. Walking through the entrance of the temple, it was narrow, but it could fit a person.

He walked inside the temple. There were rocks and blackened ground. Which was weird, no ice was covering the ground The place was full of spells, it was weird to find a place on Niflheim without ice.

The gem in his hand was singing to be reunited with the other one. Meaning he was getting nearer.

There were runes on the sides of the temple's walls which Loki was familiar to these runes and he could read them due to the All-speak. Some of them were about protection and consciousness.

He encountered two tunnels in front of him, Loki hesitated. Going right, he can feel large energy coming from this way. He took numerous turns and twists led him further and further.

Loki entered another passage. It looked like a room. A closed-door was on the other side of the room. A large hole was at the top of the door and a cart was in the middle of the room. It seems like someone used to stay here.

Some words were written on the door; Walk while you have the light.

As he looked around the room, he couldn't find anything except the cart.

Light? It was known that there was no light on Niflheim. How could that be possible?

He looked at the cart again, it must be used in something. Loki thought. And then he noticed the circular shape on top of the cart.

There was a hole in the top of the door the same size as the circle. He moved the cart in front of the door.

The light reflects on the circular hole at the top of the door. And this opened another passage.

Magic flowed in the air, his Seiðr was singing from the amount of magic in the air. And the space stone yearned for the other stone.

There were two large magic barriers stretched across from one side of the room to the other. Two large rocks were in the room, the barrier was above them. Whoever did this was incredibly a powerful sorcerer. Carefully he stepped closer to the rocks.

The word 'dark' was written on the left one.

Using his magic to get the place dark, but nothing happened.

Frowning at the word. He used a small light of magic to illuminate the place.

Before he stood up, the barrier started to disappear.

Loki was looking at the visible half door confused, but then realization dawned on him. Maybe it needs the opposite of the words.

Going to the other rock, he read the word 'fire'. He must use ice.

There is only one way he could make ice.

Hesitating, Seiðr flowed over his body. Making him turn into his Jötunn's skin.

Emotions raced in his mind as he looked at his skin, but there was no time for emotions. He summoned ice from his hand and putting it on the wood fire. The ice began to melt and the barrier disappeared. Then he opened the door..........

And He found it in the center of the room, a white glow emitting from it.

Smirking to himself, Loki has found the Ego Stone

                      ..............

So what do you think about this chapter? And apparently it seems that the Grandmaster knows everything.