Chapter 7

Loki eyed the food warily, his stomach churning at the smell of it.

Pepper and Tony were eating, discussing something about the company with Tony complaining, as usual, about how he had to wake up early.

Tony looked at Loki and frowned, which made Pepper look at him as well. Loki was eyeing the food as if it would do something terrible to him, and hadn't touched it.

"Loki, why are you not eating?" Loki startled when Tony spoke.

Loki looked at him and didn't answer.

'Eat! Do you want to get beaten?'

Idiot, he asked you a question. Thanos doesn't like not being answered.

His eyes darted from Tony to Pepper. They were going to beat him. He panicked.

"Sorry," he choked.

"Hey, hey, it's ok Loki. just breathe with me now. You're going to be okay. " Loki tried to follow Stark's breathing, looking at him with wide fearful eyes.

Pepper was standing next to Stark, trying to talk to him softly. He shouldn't show them that he was broken.

But who was he fooling, really? Thanos had succeeded. He was broken.

"S-s-sorry." His voice was weak.

"Are you alright? " Stark asked in concern. Was he playing a trick on him? No matter, Loki just needed to keep pretending that everything was fine, that everything was real. He tried to bury his fear.

"Would you like to have some fruit instead? " Pepper asked after Loki had nodded. She can see that he was malnourished, and it was obvious that he was dealing with anorexia.

.....................

A shower washed the dirt and the grim from his body but didn't wash away the shame. He was ashamed of himself and his body, and of course Stark saw everything. Tears ran down his face with water. He got out of the shower when his legs started to tremble, failing to support his body.

How pathetic he was.

When he emerged from the bathroom, he found new clothes instead of the ones he had worn in the medical bay.

He wanted to know what Stark wanted from him. . . if he was the real Stark. He said that he wanted nothing, but of course he wouldn't offer his help without gaining something in return and Loki didn't know what to offer.

'Always asking, always complaining. Just shut your mouth, you Jotun scum.'

He looked at the bed in his room, and it didn't feel right to sleep on it. He didn't deserve it. So instead, he laid on the floor and curled in on himself, hoping to fall into a dreamless sleep.

..................

A dark laugh echoed through the air, fear coursed through his body as he recognized that laugh. The mad titan's face came into his view and smirked at him.

"My Jotun pet, I told you that you will suffer if you lose." Thanos grinned at him.

"You prefer this face, or perhaps this? " Thanos' face changed into Thor's.

"Þór, Fyrirgefðu með allt. " Loki said before Thor's hand grabbed his chin tightly. He tried to get away, but he couldn't.

"No one will look for you, and no one is looking for you. You're nothing, worthless, broken. Your brother and your family don't want you. "

Loki woke up gasping and sweating. He looked around him but didn't find anyone with him. Where was he? Was that another illusion from the titan?

He was shaking, barely able to stop from crying out, and he was on the verge of a panic attack.
................
Tony woke up gasping from his nightmare about the portal. Everything was dark and he couldn't breathe.