Chapter 31- Changes

Happy Reading :)

"Lydia it's me," There was a knock on the door, it was Joey.

"No," I huffed. I patted my cut with alcohol and held in a scream. It wasn't deep, just annoying and bloody. I've had shaving cuts deeper. Damon went home abruptly after the scuffle at dinner, I insisted he go home while I was too injured to fight on his behalf.

I couldn't feel embarrassment after what he witnessed during the party a while back. He knew how it was in my family.

"Let me help you," Joey insisted.

"No." I said flatly.

"Why?"

"I know Leo is there with you and if I open the door he's going to come in." I really was in no mood for a talk by Leo and all his wisdom.

"It's not Leo," Joseph said flatly. It couldn't be Felix or Joseph would have had more fear in is voice. Probably Greg. Marcus or Melv would have just busted the door down. 

"Fuck," I whispered, "I'm fine in here."

I looked around the bathroom. Was there an emergency exit anywhere? Only the worlds tiniest window above the shower. I couldn't fit in there. Could I ? No probably not. Maybe I'll just try.

I hopped over to the shower, getting tiny droplets of blood on the floor and bathtub as I went.

I lifted myself up and peered out the window. Second story and it's tiny. FUCK, this was a bust.

I got back down and wiped the floor. I pulled out the first aid kit with the big band aids. 

Maybe if I lagged enough they would leave me alone and then I could run to my room.

Another knock at the door. This time it didn't sound like Joey.

I turned on the water in the bathtub, maybe if they thought I was taking a shower it would throw them off.

I heard jiggling, our bathroom door could be opened if one was determined enough, or had a lock pick. Which of course my brothers would have a lock pick why wouldn't they.

"I'm showering!" I screeched. The Jiggling stopped.

"You have 20 minutes to be out and we're going to talk." Yeah, definitely Greg. 

*20 Minutes later*

I stepped out of my room nervously and walked downstairs where Greg was waiting. 

"Let's go," He said expectantly, keys in hand. We were supposed to have a "talk" before my mom invited Damon over and all hell broke loose. I followed him wordlessly, dreading the conversation ahead.

We sat in the car and had a silent drive to the mcdonalds drive through. 

I thought about our conversation earlier today, how Greg said he would always be my big brother. He said he would always protect me, he said we could talk without screaming at each other. He said he felt bad that I didn't feel as close to him as before.

 Somehow after todays events I knew he wouldn't carry those same sentiments. 

"I don't like him." Greg finally spoke.

"Why?" I snapped.

He didn't say a word after that. There was no logical reason not to like Damon and he knew it.

He just shook his head. 

"I knew today's act wouldn't last." I sighed.

"What act?"