Something to Lose

Brittany

Its been a couple of months since we have been a actual couple. We are together almost all the time and its going great. Damien's birthday is this week and his gift just got here. My boyfriend is a sports junkie, so i got him a championship ring replica of his favorite football team. I know he's going to love it.

We are pretty happy together but of course, we have our moments where thing aren't the best. unfortunately, today is one of those days. i'm currently at Damien house, laying in his bed, watching my show on his tv while he makes me something to eat. pure happiness is what im feeling and im so thankful for it, given six months ago i was depressed because of school and Charles.

I have a smile on my face when my phone start beeping and lights up.

Still, have a smile on my face when I see a notification that i have a text message.

continue smiling as I put my password in my phone to open it.

It isn't til i realize the text message is from a unknown number does my smile weakens. but it isn't til i read the words 'leave my man alone' does my smile disappears. On cue Damien walks in with my cheese burger and fries, to bad i just lost my appetite. not really knowing what to make of the message, I text back.

Me- Who exactly your man?

Unknown Number- Damien duhh, he told me yall broke up so why you still in my man face

My heart broke. feels like its in a million little piece right now and I don't know what to do. i can damien saying something but i not sure what exactly he is saying. this cant be real, how can my best friend of an decade treat me like this. i used to cry to him about guys doing this exactly thing to me and here he is doing it to. OH NO, its happening again, my chest is getting tight, my hands are sweating, and my breathe is shallow. I've always had chest pains and different thing tends to make it flair up. I guess a broke heart is one of them.

I sat up and put my shoes on and grabs my phone and bag leaving the plate of food on the bed and walks out the front door. it doesn't take long before my phone start ringing. already knowing who it is i send it to voicemail. and again for the next ten calls. on the eleventh i answer

"what"

"where you going what wrong"

"according to you we broke up anyway so why do it matter" i say before hanging up. A message pops up on my phone at that exact moment and it read 'was with him the other night, god that dick was good'.

maybe if i didn't have tears in my eye, i could have seen the car speeding down the street. maybe if my ears was ringing, i could have heard the car horn and people yelling at me. Maybe if my mind was somewhere else I would have realize that i stop in the middle of the street after reading that message.

but all those things was happening so of course it was nothing i can do when the car hits me and knocks the air out of my lungs. you can hear a cracking sounds as my whole body hit the pavement. pain spread through my body and i look up to see Damien running toward me as my eyes feel heave and I decide their better close

Darkness, Just bliss...