Something Risky

Damien

   I'm at the crib by myself today. Bri told me she was hanging out with her cousin today, so I know I can't call her over. I decide to call the homies over to smoke and chill. About an hour later they were ringing my bell. I buzz the door and said what's up as Roy, Nick, and Kevin came it.

   Halfway through our smoke session I start to think about Brittany again. I really want to get their advice about what I should do about having feeling for her. I start to tell them about me and her history. How we knew each other for years, was best friends and all that and how I really like her but don't know if I should risk our friendship because of it.
"you should see where it goes" Roy was the first to respond
"are you sure you really like her?" Nick asks
"yeah I do man. I just don't want to ruin our friendship if things don't workout"
"man, I say you just fuck her and call it a day" Kevin say. We all just look at him like he stupid. "dude shut your dumb ass up".
"when the last time y'all saw each other?" Nick asks
"she came to see me the other day"
"and you ain't hit" Kevin say
"Nah bruh we kissed but nothing happen" we continue to talk about me and Brittany a while and they all agree I should see how it goes. We smoke some more before they left.

   Sitting there bored I decide to go on Instagram. While scrolling I see a post from my best friend and she look good as hell. She had on all white with a black sweater. She was sitting in a chair with a drink in her hand. Just as I was about to comment on her picture a text message came through.

Bri: I want to tell you something... kind of scared to say it
----------------------------------------

Brittany (earlier that same day)

   My ex Charles was trying one of his pop-ups acts today, so, I decide to leave and be out all day. My diary just had my god son so I don't want to bother her. I call up my cousin Tiffany. You know that cousin you always got in trouble with as a kid? That was me and Tiff. We were always there to support one another. She is definitely my A1 and my favorite cousin. She answers on the third ring
"hey boop" she says
"hey babes"
"what's up"
"what you doing today, I trying to pop out today"
"I'm at auntie house come here and we'll figure it out when you get here"
We hung up and I did just that.     

   When I got there, she was still doing her hair so I just went and sat down.
"so, what's new?" Tiff asks
"well me and Charles broke up"
"really? Why"
"I don't even want to get into that now, but you remember my boy best friend Damien?"
"the big guy with dreads you used to be on oovoo with at my house?"
"yeah him well me and him kind of talking"
"what the hell! How that happen" she asks. I told her the whole story and she start to laugh. She remembered I had a crush on him and that I never pursued it. "I just don't want to risk our friendship" I say
"I say you give it a shot. You never know he just might be the one"
As I was about to reply her phone start ringing. It was her friend Tiffany, yes, we know they have the same name, seeing if we wanted to go to the bar with her. Well I guess we know what we getting into tonight now.      

    She got dress and drove to my house so I can get ready to. I was feeling myself and decide to put on some heels. I thought my outfit was cute. I had on all white with a black sweater and my black heels. I did my makeup and was ready to go. I grab my purse and headed for the door with Tiff right behind me. We went to pick up her friend and made our way to the bar.

    We were all carded at the door but it wasn't a problem because we all 21. We went inside and order our drinks. We were having a great time drinking and talking but then Damien popped in my head, so I text him.
Me: I want to tell you something.... kind of scared to say it
Best 😍: tell me
Me: lml I don't know how
Best 😍: lol just say it
Me: I'll tell you next time I see you
Best 😍: omg lol okay
Me: lml love you
Best 😍: love you to
Me: 🙈🙈
I thought about it a little longer and I don't know if it's the liquor or what but I decides to just tell him.
Me: you the one I really want at this point and the more we chill the more I feel like this

He didn't reply. I think I made a mistake by sending him that. I start freaking out. It's a good think we were on our way home because my mind was somewhere else. As soon as I open the door to my house my phone rings letting me know I have a message. My heart dropped

Best 😍: I feel the same way