Part 10

Hopes POV

I wake up and I'm more happy than I usually am. Maybe that is because it is my favorite day of the week, Friday, or if it is because a certain brunette entered my mind as soon as I woke up. Breakfast is the same as always with me and Josie sitting next to each other and us holding hands the whole time. As classes go by I hear about their being a party tonight so I think I should ask Josie to go with me. I decide that I will ask her at lunch.

Skip to lunch

As lunch is coming to an end I turn to Josie. She looks at me and I decide to be brave and ask "So I heard there was going to be a party tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?"

"Sure" she responds smiling.

The rest of the day seems to take forever until it's finally time to get ready for the party. I wear a nice Jean jacket with a white shirt under it and black jeans. My hair and makeup still looks good so I decide to text Josie to let me know when she's ready.

About 15 minutes later she texts saying she's ready so I go and pick her up. She looks amazing as always. I grab her hand and we hold hands all the way to the party. We sit with our normal friends group which consists of Me, Josie, Lizzie, Mg, Kaleb, Raf, and Landon. Maya and Ethan don't really hang out with us because of their popularity. We all with there chatting until Kaleb says "guys we should play never have I ever"

Everyone agrees. I think we all need a break from truth or dare since after the last party.

As the game starts there are a few questions that sting a little such as 'never have I ever killed someone' which was asked by Landon. I had to put my finger down on that one. Then Kaleb said 'Never have I ever had parent'
Me and the Saltzman twins put our fingers down. Josie had told me about the story of her mom and Caroline and how all of that happened. I was shocked. And I felt so bad for her. After telling the story she began to cry so I comforted her.

The nest question was from Lizzie 'Never have I ever had a crush on someone in this friend group'

Everyone but Kaleb raises there hand leaving me confused. I know that Landon likes Josie and just the thought of that made my wolf be protective of Josie. I look down and close my eyes trying to calm down. Josie sets a hand on my thigh and whispers in my ear " I don't like any of them I like you Hope"

Josie saying that made my wolf calm down and I open my eyes to a worried looking Josie. She looks into my eyes and smiles saying "there are those beautiful blue eyes" I blush a little before turning back to the group who is staring at me.

"Ok moving on" I say and everyone goes back to the game. The question got a lot more fun and less serious after that so the rest of the night is really fun. I see it's getting kinda late and everyone is leaving so I ask Josie if I can walk her back to her room. She says yes and we are on our way back.

It's about halfway through the walk when I turn to Josie and say " I really like you Josie"

She turns to me and says " I really like you too Hope"

I got so close to asking her to be my girlfriend right then but I want to make it special so I will wait.

We get some small talk going the rest of the way back and once we get to her room I give her a kiss goodbye.

I go back to my room happy and content. With Josie I finally feel whole again for the first time since my parents died. Wow I could really have a future with this girl.