Chapter 54: He's A Dangerous Man

“Hmph, such a rare treasure. You will probably never meet this sort of opportunity ever again. Like, never ever!” Xu Zhiyi teased, blatantly rubbing salt into Jinli’s wounds.

Crossing her arms, Jinli judged scornfully, “But it never belonged to me in the first place.”

All Xu Zhiyi could do was to bite her lip and watch Jinli as she left.

Just as Jinli opened the door, she heard a loud voice from behind, “Who is that man?”

Puzzled, Jinli turned around. A repulsive face met her eyes. That face had completely flushed red, with materialistic greed seeping through her every pore. That’s when Jinli understood the point behind the question.

“Now, now, are you planning to find your way into this bed?” Jinli scoffed.

That public mockery took all words from Xu Zhiyi’s mouth.

But, Jinli was right. She had had that plan. Yet, who would spit it out so directly?

Glaring back, she knew she had to rebut this outrageous insult against her modesty. Yet, while her mouth gaped wide open, any semblance of words struggled to form. “I…Who said….”

It was child’s play for Jinli to see through her. Looking at the enraged girl, she smiled gently, “I know you are dying to find out. Too bad! I’m not telling you.”

Flaming rage exploded within Xu Zhiyi. Her veins popped in her throat and her fingernails dug into her palms.

As though she was oblivious to her victim’s anger, Jinli continued to poke some fun. “I haven’t forgotten how much you despise me. Besides…”

Her eyes scrutinised Xu Zhiyi, announcing apologetically, “There’s no point at all in you knowing his identity. With that face of yours, he probably couldn’t care less.”

“After all, not everyone can breeze through life like me. With just this, unparalleled, beautiful face, I can act in whatever way I want!” Shamelessly, Jinli caressed her tender, rosy cheeks.

Xu Zhiyi could not keep up with Jinli. Just moments ago, she had mocked Jinli for being a senseless bimbo, a good-for-nothing. Before long, Jinli had returned the favour, twice as hard. How could she be publically ridiculing her and the appearance she held dearly?

Finished with her words, Jinli turned and left.

Sauntering through the walkway of the hotel, she came to an elegant balcony. Here, she suddenly stopped. As she turned around, she saw what she had expected.

Lu Qingyuan.

Leaning onto the vine-filled railings, Jinli breathed in the calming scent of the sea.”Is something wrong? Why are you following me?” As the gentle breeze brushed her face, she tenderly pushed her hair behind her ears.

Mimicking her posture, Lu Qingyuan leaned against the railings, looking up upon the cerulean blue sky.

“Don’t you have anything to ask me?” Lu Qingyuan broke the silence.

Wistfully looking at the crashing waves, Jin Li shook her head. “Nope.”

Her lack of care was unexpected.

He laughed cheerfully, “But I’m still telling you.” Lu Qingyuan turned to his side, wearing a charming, bright smile. “Bai Yan’s Sir. That guy, Lu Zhengya, he’s my young uncle.”

“Hmm.” Jinli’s face remained unchanged. She had long expected this from the moment she had heard Bai Yan calling Lu Qingyuan “Young Master”.

Yet, something was not quite right.

“He’s your mother’s brother. Why do you call him uncle*?”

Lu Qingyuan was stunned for a moment.

What? How is this the point of my statement?

Being a gentleman, he courteously explained it regardless, “My mom is unmarried, yet she still wanted a child. So, I was born! I follow my mother all the time.”

That’s why he was a Lu Family descendant.

“Oh.” Jinli plainly nodded. She was completely uninterested in their familial affairs.

That did not stop her from throwing in her honest praise: “Your family’s genes are amazing.”

Lu Zhengya and Lu Qingyuan, both of them looked mouth-wateringly good.

Seemingly used to Jinli’s fleeting conversational topics, Lu Qingyuan could follow closely, “So, how did you meet my young uncle?”

“He’s just after my looks. He almost seems interested in raising me at home. So, I rejected him!” What a careless summary of their fateful encounters!

That overloaded sentences flooded Lu Qingyuan. Despite seeing Bai Yan’s behaviours, he could tell that Lu Zhengya was more than interested in Jinli.

It’s just that…

“Raising” a woman? Does Young Uncle have this sort of fetish?

No matter how hard he tried to associate that stoic, expressionless statue with this behaviour, he simply couldn’t.

As his thick, sculpted brows furrowed, he paused hesitantly. Some moments later, he seriously asked, “As a friend, I would tell you, not being related to my young uncle in any way is a good decision.”

“How so?”

He… He’s a dangerous man,” Lu Qingyun slowly and softly muttered.