Chapter 12: A Deeper Pain Strikes President Wan

Meeting Jinli’s gaze, President Wan was just like a little boy getting bullied. His fat body subconsciously curled together, trembling in fear.

He sniffled, rebutting weakly and falteringly, “You! You cannot do this to me!”

Jinli looked down on him, “Perhaps… it is time for you to get your situation right.”

Hearing those words, President Wan was utterly perplexed, “What?”

Jinli’s eyes overflowed with disdain and disgust, “Get some self-awareness. With your current appearance, acting pitiful will not be of any use. In fact, you will just be asking for more of a beating.”

That took President Wan by surprise, “This is illegal!” he raised his voice, “Physical assault! I will call the police!”

“Oh please. What nonsense are you spouting?” Jinli pointed at herself confidently, “Me? A delicate, weak, petite beauty, abusing and assaulting you?”

President Wan’s mind went pitch black.

Weak? Delicate? You are probably tougher than a metal barbie!

The finishing blow was yet to come.

She thrust her chin forward, “Take a good look at yourself. Do you look like you have been assaulted?”

What? What’s the meaning of this?

President Wan lowered his head and examined himself. Initially, he did not understand, until he rolled up his sleeves — white, plump arms. There was nothing other than fat.

Huh? Where are the injuries and bruises?

The sudden realisation struck President Wan. Even if the police came, they would not be able to see any evidence of the assault. He stared at Jinli, horrified.

This woman, is she a demon?

As if she sensed his horror, she threw him an enchanting smile, her pure white teeth glistening, “So, even if I pummeled you to death right now, the hospital would not be able to detect a single hint of assault.”

His body went numb as fear throbbed through him, barely holding his lower body’s floodgates back.

Why… Since when was Bai Jinli like this?

He reflected and asked himself regretfully,

Why did I pick a fight with somebody like her?

“I…. I…”

“Of course, I was kidding.” Jinli stood up and stood beside President Wan. Squatting beside him, she rustled the contract in front of his blank, resigned eyes.

President Wan turned his head over and looked at Jinli. She smiled brightly back, and laughed. “A kind, graceful goddess like myself would never do such evil, savage deeds like hitting a person to his death.”

President Wan was dumbstruck.

Aren’t these just the termination papers?

Fine! I will sign them!

——

Outside, the secretary was taking time dutifully for the President.

10 minutes, twenty minutes, half an hour….

He was surprised!

Wow! President Wan, not bad! Such a strong libido at this age! To think that he was done within twenty minutes time previously.

Just as that thought ran through his mind, the door swung open from inside.

Elegantly, Jinli strode out of the office.

The secretary’s eyes could not help but trace her steps.

Hm? Her clothes are so neat and tidy. Not a single crease to be found. Her hairstyle is perfect, and even her lipstick is still perfectly drawn.

This was not how someone who went through the indescribable should be looking.

Unable to control himself, he stood forward and asked, “Miss Bai…”

Jinli tilted her head and glanced at him sideways.

What an average-looking man. He doesn’t pique my interest at all.

She waved her hands disinterestedly, “Go take a look at President Wan, he seems to be looking for you.”

The boss is calling for me!

While approaching beauties was important, ensuring a livelihood took precedence.

Suppressing his reluctance, the secretary sped into the office at once.

The sight that welcomed him was puzzling. The President lay disheveled on the ground, almost looking like a dried fish. No, dried fish were never so hearty. The President lay disheveled on the ground, like a freshly-butchered slab of pork, his entire face drained of colour, drenched in cold sweat.

His expression made it seem as if he had been taken advantage of.

The secretary instantly thought of Bai Jinli’s refreshed elegance. He was shocked.

Could it be? Could it be that it was Miss Bai that toyed with the president instead of the other way around?

President Wan screamed in rage, “I declare that from today onwards, you will no longer be in the employment of this company!”

______

#Did anyone recall the male lead yet?#

#Absolutely not#