Chapter 37: Nice to meet you, Miss Jinli!

The camera may not have been live just then, but Xu Zhiyi knew that every conversation they had was still being captured.

When the time came, the production team would cut some parts for the advertisements.

HAHAHA! Did this idiotic Jinli not know this?

As the thought flashed in her mind, her eyes lit up as she smiled.

What an idiot. Whatever. Good that she doesn’t know.

As the production team heard the words, they fell silent. It was rare that guests would fall out early in the show. Not only did they not mind it, as long as it was not too ugly, they would gladly film it and show the fans, in hopes of creating a trending topic for discussion.

As the possibilities flashed through Xu Zhiyi’s mind, her lips curled into a sinister grin.

When that time comes, the world will see how narrow-minded this bimbo is. On the other hand, I shall be….

A superficial sincerity flushed Xu Zhiyi’s face, “Oh my! I’m so sorry Jinli! I only called you Sister out of respect for you, as my senior! I was so sure you wouldn’t mind!”

Jinli stared blankly, and suddenly broke into a bright smile, “It’s alright! Just don’t do it again.”

“After all, I’m not one with a good temper,” she continued in a soft, threatening mutter.

Xu Zhiyi gasped. Her smile became increasingly forced. Just as she was about to make her rebuttal, Lan Ting exclaimed.

Everyone’s attention was drawn away. Jinli’s gaze snapped in the direction of Lan Ting’s eyes.

In that moment, the roaring of the waves seemed to quieten down to a gentle trickle. In the direct sunshine, a poised figure strolled over from a distance towards them. Every step he took radiated elegance and serenity, his movements were not too fast but not too slow.

Gradually, his silhouette got closer and his features became clear. It was a face that would stop anyone in their tracks. The almond-shaped eyes sparkled with attention under the refined eyebrows. They were mysterious, like the fog-covered mountain peaks, yet gentle like the first rain of spring.

“Oh. My. Gods. God Lu is in front of me now!!!!” In a lowered voice, Lan Ting exclaimed falteringly to herself.

God Lu. A name that a fan gave to Lu Qingyuan when she watched his extraordinary violin performance. As his fame peaked, more and more fans approved of the name, making it his official title.

Jinli could clearly feel it. The atmosphere around her had completely distorted with Lu Qingyuan’s arrival. Subtly, the ladies straightened their postures and flicked their hair into place. The innate urge to display their best qualities to God Lu could not be suppressed.

On the other hand, a danger klaxon blared within the hearts of the men. The natural caution they had around strong rivals erupted when they caught a whiff of Lu Qingyuan’s charisma.

On set, only Jinli felt indifferent to the so-called God Lu. She did not feel a need to display herself like the ladies, nor did she feel a need to keep an eye on Lu Qingyuan like the men.

She…. very openly admired Lu Qingyuan, not bothering to hide her attraction to him.

Oh my, this man looks perfect. Miles better than on the screen. While videos captured every scene, it did not capture his presence. No matter how real it got, it could never capture the full experience of seeing the man himself in real life.

Her gaze was overly direct, burning directly onto Lu Qingyuan’s face. Finally, Lu Qingyuan could not turn a blind eye to her any further.

He glanced over curiously. “Hi! Nice to meet you, Miss Jinli!” In the moment he met her gaze, he immediately put on an appropriate smile.

Miss Jinli, not Miss Bai. Evidently, he had researched Jinli’s recent posts. What a thoughtful man.

Instantly, Jinli held him in much higher esteem. Her rosy cheeks pulled into a large, adorable smile, “It’s my pleasure, Mr Lu!”

In that instant, her heart jumped. Another Mr Lu had popped into her mind. The superior that Bai Yan had called sir.

...