Chapter 19: Source of the Golden Auras

Just like now, a wave of slander and insults met her eyes as she simply swept her gaze over the posts tagging her. Things like “Banish the Hot Chick Bai Jinli!” were common. If the old Bai Jinli was still alive and knew this, she probably would have been in a foul mood for yet another day.

Surely she knew that these people were out to insult her. Even so, Bai Jinli was inflexible, stubborn and simply pig-headed. She still insisted on looking at WeiBo every single day. Of course, it would have been alright if she’d kept an open mind, but this Bai Jinli was unable to hold herself together. Even after 2 years in this industry, she still acted like a total amateur. In retrospect, she had probably spent half of her two years on the entertainment scene being angered.

Making things worse was her under-developed mind. Whenever she was consumed by her vortex of anger, she often spurted out less-than-intelligent words, often doing so in front of fans and reporters. Hence, her haters and anti-fans were not wholly accountable for her scandals. After all, personal stupidity couldn’t be blamed on others.

Looking at the hateful posts, Jinli muttered in her heart, “Hmph, I have got better things to do than to be angry with these clowns!” She looked past the array of insults, pinpointing the source of the golden auras.

Speechlessness overwhelmed her the moment she saw the source. It was an immensely familiar WeiBo. The account holder was an ordinary person, with just a few hundred followers. However, she had 1 post that had garnered a great deal of attention, far exceeding her follower count.

This account belonged to the little fan Jinli had met at the entrance of Morning Star.

As she looked at the photographs they took together, the golden aura within her body trembled in excitement.

Oh? Looks like the auras and the photos are quite related.

Now where had these auras come from?

Jinli opened the WeiBo threads:

[ What?! How lucky is she? She actually waited and met My Jinli!!!]

[I don’t care who slanders our Jinli! That face of hers is sufficient to make me a fan for millions of years!!]

[Drawn here just by her photo. Bai Jinli might be a trash actor and person, but I must say, she is darn pretty.]

[OMMMMGGGGG! ALL THAT BEAUTY! Think my Jinli just broke through her pretty records yet again!!!]

[HA! Bet the beautify filter is on 800%! Who doesn’t know how to filter? Even a dog can be filtered into beauty!]

[LOL! Is she back from another plastic surgery? Where did she go this time? Quite real, eh!]

[What the heck, those jealous keyboard warriors gotta stop. Just because she’s pretty, you say she’s over-filtering, getting plastic surgery and using photoshop. Hello? My Jinli is NATURAL, from debut till now she has always been (emoji)(emoji). Cannot accept your sour comments!!!]

[LMAO, these fans only talk about her looks. Well, it’s justifiable, because other than that face, she has got nothing else worthy of the screen.]

[Bai Jinli got some new work recently? She’s stirring up some fame again?]

Jinli silently searched through the sea of mixed comments.

As she went deeper and deeper, she slowly realised that the golden auras had emerged from this thread. The sources of it were the praises and admiration within the comments. Having said that, it was not from every positive remark.

After looking through several hundred more, she came to a conclusion. Only the truly sincere words of admiration were able to bring the golden auras to life. In other words, these people were true-blue, loyal, hard-core fans.The golden auras were produced after these people saw the photos and posted their comments.

However, only this particular post brought about this phenomenon. None of her street photos came close.

Well, the reason was simple. The previous photos were of Bai Jinli.

The admiration was directed to Bai Jinli, not her, Jinli.

******